Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Different exhaust manifold for 2017

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    So just so I understand, the SuperCircuit Headers replace Cat #1 and bolt up to the existing OEM exhaust leaving Cat #2 with no modifications?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    So just so I understand, the SuperCitrcuit Headers replace Cat #1 and bolt up to the existing OEM exhaust leaving Cat #2 with no modifications?
    On the Mirage HB your statement is true.

On the mirage g4/ Attrage this statement is not true. You have to shorten the oem exhaust but you can still keep cat #2.
    This is what i am trying to inform others.. that the aftermarket headers will not bolt up to the oem exhaust without modifications for mirage g4/ Attrage 2016. Not sure about older ones though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fit For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-12-2017)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    Nothing wrong with it, was just curious if it would make the car sound better, which it did but only very slightly. Not enough to really reccomend.
    When I removed the oem headers and first cat the exhaust got quite a bit louder to the point that I had to add an additional muffler to tone the sound down.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agreed. I experimented running with both cats hollowed out and it was not pleasant. Hollowing just the second cat gave it just a touch more gutteral sound but still quiet and no drone at all at any rpm or engine load.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Agreed. I experimented running with both cats hollowed out and it was not pleasant.
    I don't understand why anyone would want to damage a catalytic converter. Wouldn't that cause problems with the engine ECU and fuel delivery system?

Not to mention increase emissions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would want to damage a catalytic converter. Wouldn't that cause problems with the engine ECU and fuel delivery system?

Not to mention increase emissions.
    You will get a check engine light because the ECU will think the primary Cat has gone bad. I think the air fuel ratio is reported to the ecu by the primary O2 sensor only.

The headers don't seem to have a bung for the second O2 sensor, so I wonder if some countries only came with one sensor?

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    You will get a check engine light because the ECU will think the primary Cat has gone bad. I think the air fuel ratio is reported to the ecu by the primary O2 sensor only.

The headers don't seem to have a bung for the second O2 sensor, so I wonder if some countries only came with one sensor?
    The headers do have a bung for the second 02 sensor. I believe all models have 2 oxygen sensors.
    When I ran the headers with no cats I had no check engine light issues.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fit For This Useful Post:

gone.a (06-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Agreed. I experimented running with both cats hollowed out and it was not pleasant. Hollowing just the second cat gave it just a touch more gutteral sound but still quiet and no drone at all at any rpm or engine load.
    Has anyone tried removing the muffler and resonator and running a straight pipe? I wonder how that would affect performance.

A friend of mine did this years ago with his Dodge pickup truck with a 318 V8 engine. He kept the catalytic converters, which seemed to do enough to smooth out the exhaust but still gave the rumble that so many find appealing.
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-12-2017 at 12:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post
    I swapped back the original exhaust to go for my 20k km servicing.
    Managed to get a photo of the 2016 Attrage stock one piece headers beside super circuit aftermarket headers.
    As you can see the one piece headers are shorter. The mirage stock headers are the same length as the Super circuit headers.
    Attachment 9408

Attachment 9409
    I just realized there are atleast 3 different manifold front cat's for these cars. 15's have the front 02 sensor on the top of the manifold pointing straight down with a separate front cat, the 17's have the front 02 sensor on the rh side of the cat and the manifold doesn't unbolt from the cat. The pics that Fit posted are different all together and are kind of a hybrid of the 15' and 17'. Looks like the 02 sensor location of a 15' with the non-removable cat of the 17's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-14-2017)