Thread: Instrument panel lights go off when lights are on?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Instrument panel lights go off when lights are on?

I recently had body work done on my 2015 Mirage and the left front lamp was replaced. I just got it back and have noticed that the instrument panel and CD player lights are ON with the switch in the OFF position.. and OFF with the switch in either of the other two positions.

Tell me I'm missing something here or back to the shop it goes. I've searched for hours and haven't found anyone with this issue that I can tell. I imagine they messed something up re-wiring the new headlamp..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ganzfeld View Post
    I recently had body work done on my 2015 Mirage and the left front lamp was replaced. I just got it back and have noticed that the instrument panel and CD player lights are ON with the switch in the OFF position.. and OFF with the switch in either of the other two positions.

Tell me I'm missing something here or back to the shop it goes. I've searched for hours and haven't found anyone with this issue that I can tell. I imagine they messed something up re-wiring the new headlamp..
    Did you check the instrument panel brightness level setting in the MID? They may have turned it all the way down to off for some bizarro reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

ganzfeld (02-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Did you check the instrument panel brightness level setting in the MID? They may have turned it all the way down to off for some bizarro reason.
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that at first and it didn't work. I just checked again and now the instrument panel lights are behaving properly, but the lights on the CD area are still swapped as I had described.

Do you know if there is an independent adjustment for the audio/AC panel lights or should those be tied to the instrument panel brightness setting?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine adjusts with the dash

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

ganzfeld (02-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Mine adjusts with the dash
    That's what I figured. I'm taking it in tonight and they're gonna run it through the computer and attempt to see what's up. If for some reason it turns out to be a fluke I will post the solution for future issues.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ganzfeld For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (02-08-2017)