Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage DE, 1 year ownership review

Quote Originally Posted by ISP_guy View Post
    As far as the seat comfort goes - I notice on my wife's Tucson the bottom seat has an angle adjustment knob. I can raise the front of the seat, right below the knees, where my legs can rest on the seat. My Mirage DE doesn't have that (maybe the ES does?)
    Yes it does. Maybe worth watching for a seat from a wrecked higher trim car?

Seat comfort is HIGHLY subjective, but I'm with you: I want more thigh support from the stock seat. The 6-way adjustable seat is simply better than the 4-way.

In my own cars I've gone so far as to add further support by removing the seat cushion and adding a layer of material between the springs and the foam, from underneath.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISP_guy View Post
    Eggman - I believe you are right with the Weathertech floormats and I am weighing options to get a set for the front I have some cheap Walmart mats that are a bit too small. That is probably where half of my problem is.
    Now that you have your new wheels and at a good price, do you have money left for floormats?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Tires are a big topic.

So, if you want to retain the some fuel economy, won't 15" wheels and tires have a negative impact?

Is there best options to retain all fuel economy on the 14" wheels, and also if someone went 15"? Or is it a loss of fuel numbers and that is the compromise?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    So, if you want to retain the some fuel economy, won't 15" wheels and tires have a negative impact?
    Good reading here about this:
    Alternative light-weight 15-inch wheels

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Now that you have your new wheels and at a good price, do you have money left for floormats?
    HAH! My Weathertech floor mats arrived Saturday. I just cleaned the car and installed them yesterday!

Waiting for my LED headlights to get here next...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ISP_guy For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They're the stuff, aren't they? Especially in the snowbelt. You're gonna dig 'em.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

ISP_guy (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    ...if you want to retain the some fuel economy, won't 15" wheels and tires have a negative impact?
    If you don't choose your wheels/tires carefully, moving up to 15" wheels could impact your fuel economy. Try to avoid heavy 15" wheels, and (perhaps more importantly) use Low Rolling Resistance tires.

I have 20,000+ miles on a 15" wheel and tire combination that I believe is just as efficient as the OEM 14" wheels/tires. You can read all the details HERE.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    They're the stuff, aren't they? Especially in the snowbelt. You're gonna dig 'em.
    They are fantastic. I love the custom fit. I had the factory mats underneath my ill-fitting, Walmart cheap-o mats before. This makes things much easier and comfortable. Plus I imagine cleaning them will be a breeze

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So my wife caught me snapping pics of the Mirage when I got the wheels installed. She finds it absolutely hilarious that I'm constantly looking at the car and taking pictures "for the forum people" hahahah. It's my first new car. I have to admire it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ISP_guy For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I get the same ridicule at home lol.