Thread: 2014 Mirage ES cruise control stopped working

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2014 Mirage ES cruise control stopped working

I figured I'd share this as I was a bit worried myself.

I was driving the other night in slippery snow conditions and garbage all season tires (my snow tire deal I had arranged a few days prior fell through).

I was driving up a slight 5% grade with about 3-4 inches of soft slippery powder when I began to lose momentum. I up shifted to 3rd as I was spinning tires in 2nd, approx 30-35mph wheel speed and slight side to side motion got me about 3 mph up the hill, 3/4 of the way up the hill I hear a ding noise and notice my abs, brake, steering, cel, traction, stability lights were all on. I finished climbing the hill and began to coast down the other side when I turned off the engine then restarted, only the cel light was on so I felt it was safe to continue driving my customer to his destination.

The next day I notice my cruise control won't light up when I click it. I drove another 100 miles with no cruise then finally the cel turned off. Still no cruise control..

This morning I decided I would investigate what I could clear ecu and check fuses. Didn't have to do anything more, ecu restart and cruise is back! Just figured I would share.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-16-2017),Eggman (12-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    was there a code stored?

My dodge caliber would do this exact thing if there was excessive wheel spin for a long time. (Like going up hill in snow)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Didn't have a code reader unfortunately to check

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (12-17-2017)