Thread: CVT Replacement under warranty

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks

CVT Replacement under warranty

Hi
    Thought I would share my CVT experience.

My 2013 Mirage had done around 92K. After long trips (more than an hour) I noticed the gear indicator flashing (transmission fluid overheating) A few times it returned an error code. As it was due for a CVT service around 95K I thought that it would be degraded fluid.

After consulting with the dealer (who have also serviced the car) Mitsubishi NZ replaced the transmission at no cost (Mitsubishi have a full running gear warranty up to 130K or 10 years in NZ)

A few weeks later the transmission leaked so the dealer sent a truck to transport the car and fixed a faulty connection.

Over the time I never noticed any change in performance of the transmission.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jid For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (02-11-2017),Eggman (02-10-2017),Fummins (02-12-2017),inuvik (02-10-2017),MetroMPG (02-13-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Glad your dealer took care of you. Thanks for sharing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Jid - thanks for that info.

This is the first we've heard of any CVT replacements in a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Additional question: can you say what service was done to it prior to replacement? (fluid replacement schedule)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Additional question: can you say what service was done to it prior to replacement? (fluid replacement schedule)
    Just regular servicing. The CVT fluid was due to be done just before the 100K mark. The only thing done before was software - update and reset I would imagine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jid For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-14-2017)