Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What would your second vehicle choice be after the Mirage??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    So after owning Insight for some time, how do you find Mirage in comparison?

We looked at Insight back in 2009 when it and Gen3 Prius came out and took Prius buying car without cruise was out of question, and the difference btw EX and base prius was only a few hundred bucks.
    The Honda is really a smooth driving, refined machine. If performs flawlessly and I really do like the car. Even with a sick motor, you couldn't even hear the car running. When working he second job I can easily get 50 MPG. On slow days I play the gas mileage game and have gotten 59.5. It's a great car, but I really shouldn't have been such a cheapskate and got a car with no options. From the brief test driver took, the Mirage is not nearly as smooth. The motor is loud and the transmission is a little more jerky. It is (obviously) a smaller car, but the vertical space seems to be higher than the Insight. The shape of the the inside of the Mirage actually reminds me of the Mitsubishi-I. Short and stubby with lots of space for stacking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I should also note that when I bought the Insight it was going to be the dedicated family long distance car for vacations and trips. My wife is replacing her old Grand Prix with a new Malibu hybrid this fall, so the Mirage is generally not going to be a car for long trips. This was also a consideration when buying the Insight and is not such a factor now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)