Thread: Starter sounds like it won't disengage.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Starter sounds like it won't disengage.

First of I'm new to the forum. I have a 2015 mirage with the push button start. I bought the car new and it's been great so far. But lately it sounds as if the starter is staying on the flywheel after pushing the button. The only way I can get it to stop is to push the button again and the starter comes of and runs fine. I'm aware of the warranty and will be calling my Mitsubishi dealer Monday . But just wondering if you guys have ever seen this . I'm thinking the solenoid is bad. Just wanted to let y'all know.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! Post some pics of your Mirage when you can. Other than the starter issues with a few of the 2014's I haven't seen any other unusual reports of starter issues. I see you live in Nebraska. Is there a possibility of moisture freezing inside the starter?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think this is a common issue on some, but not sure if this applies to your issue. Could be a starter.......
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...arranty-repair

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (02-13-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry for no update. Talked to Mitsu sounds like my starter is bad . It starts the car fine but on cold days it won't come off the flywheel .hard to get an appointment set up when you live 3+hours away from the nearest dealer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had the same problem one day in December. 2015 ES CVT. First time I tried to start it the starter stayed on making a horrible noise but it didnt do it the next day so I never took the car to a dealer. Might have to next year if it does it again.