Thread: Any aggressive brake pads out there? 2014 Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Any aggressive brake pads out there? 2014 Mirage

The brake pad selection sucks on these mirages and coupled with rear drums, emergency braking at hwy speeds (or when you have passengers in car), makes up for 1 scary ride! I was wondering if there are any aggressive brake pads out there? Or maybe cheap brembo-like calipers from other cars that might fit our mirage? I am currently running powerstop z16 pads, they're comparable to stock pads as far as braking goes..still leaves a lot to be desired. Any suggestions?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Bumping

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I noticed the weak brakes (and exesive dust) right away and looked into different pads. Went with ceramic ProStop Platinum from Pepboys
    Part #: PGD1731C
    They were cheap and happened to have a lighter color, even for ceramics, so less dust.

The performance is OK. Not really better than the OE Akebono Semi-metalics except for dust and longevity.

Looked into Hybrid Ceramic/metalic (Raybestos EHT1731H Enhanced Technology Friction Pads) and some hard-core semi-metallics (check ebay). I'm sure you'll get a better bite, but do you want to deal with the grinding sound and dust that comes with it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The brakes on the early Mirages, even though they are small and light cars, are just...well, weak. Being a city car that was not really designed for North American roads meant hard 60-to-0 panic stops just weren't part of the design.

I don't think the aftermarket has developed enough around this car for there to be anything but OE-type replacement parts. Yet.

The brakes were improved for '17. It is my intention to try the first '17-to-'15 brake swap...as soon as I find a wrecked '17.