Thread: Hi from Vancouver Canada!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Hi from Vancouver Canada!

Hey guys and gals!

Little Mirage modder stopping by to say hello!

Just bought a base model that had factory AC added, second owner. Guy who bought new brought it back to the dealership because he shortly figured out he needed a larger vehicle. His loss my gain! Bought from Wolfe Mitsubishi in Langley BC (Great experience!) with 5100kms (3168 miles) on it for $7800 Canadian which as of today equals just short of $6000 usd. It hasn't even had it's first oil change and servicing yet!

They were asking a couple thousand more originally, but because it was a 2015 they just wanted to get rid of it. Came at the right time for sure! Everything is fantastic, the only thing "wrong" on the car is a dent in the rear lift gate that I hardly noticed. Probably won't ever bother fixing it. It also only came with ONE key... Real PITA I have been looking for a workaround. Found a key fob and paid $100 to program the car to read it, however can't use the keyless lock/unlock without a SECOND key. Kind of screwed over there. Will hold out for any more info on that.

In any case, loving the car! I commute quite far. I'd say around 100kms every day, so this is perfect. It's big enough for most of my needs, and the roof racks I modded to fit on the car help further with that! I made a DIY thread on some aerodynamic $90 eBay ones in the Exterior thread on the forum. I have also done the Auto Dynasty lowering springs. I'm going to make this a budget build! I already have a project car and a mortgage, so I think I will just have a little budget fun with this car for the time being. Ideally and probably in the future will go coilovers etc but for now these will do just fine. I can't drop the car too low anyways because there are a lot of large speedbumps and other obstacles that would constantly give me issues that my project car already is facing. Not something I want in my daily.

Working on some really cheap 16" wheels that I won't reveal until I'm done and they are mounted. Still deciding what size tires to mount on them depending on how low the springs settle. As of right now I have only installed the fronts. I decided to do them first to see how it looks, I took measurements and found that they sit the same height from the center hub on the rim to the lip of the fender on both front and rear wheels. That is with the Auto Dynasty front springs and OEM stock rears. Perhaps when the springs settle more they will drop some but for now just seeing. I will also do the vinyl tubing on the rears before I put them in.

Roof racks really helped the image of the car, although they do not assist in gaining the most fuel economy it's a trade off I enjoy. With my rather tall and large wind-blocking Inno ski racks, I am still getting between 40-45mpg. I'm happy with that! In the summer they will come off to be replaced by bike racks.

Still looking to have windows tinted, do some plasti-dipping on front bumper for that aggressive EVO look, and will do the door sills between windows when I have my windows tinted to give an overall uniform finish across the side. Will be working on the DIY front license plate holder that's on the forum, really love that lower passenger side location! I like it more than the tow hook spot. I also will be rocking a tow hook except I will be making a flush installation by drilling a hole in the plastic cover so I can avoid the large square hole in my bumper.

At some point I may toy to have a sub installed under the passenger seat that I had seen a member did. I really liked that idea. I will not be putting it in the trunk because I need all of that cargo space!

I installed fog lights but have not activated them in ETACS yet. Will also be installing Cruise Control when I save up some dough for the switch! Also holding out for a Mini VCI Cable, I only have 64 bit computers so that cable is about 60 dollars vs 15 for the 32 bit one. I have read about converting the 32 bit cables to work on 64 bit systems but it is more trouble than it's worth to me. Hoping someone nearby might have one that I could throw some money at to help me out!

Anywho that's it for now! Will update in appropriate threads the progress I make as I go along. Loving the car!!

Cheers everybody!

2015 Mirage Base 5MT with A/C! Custom modified eBay roof rack, Auto Dynasty lowering springs, relocated License Plate, enabled OEM Fog Lights & Cruise Control

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Welcome! Sounds like you have some plans in mind!

Be careful with the lowering springs in the rear. They tend to make the rear alignment settings worse than they may already be.

You may want to check this out if you haven't already seen it: Rear Alignment Problem FAQ
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 02-15-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

23027 (02-15-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Welcome! Sounds like you have some plans in mind!

Be careful with the lowering springs in the rear. They tend to make the rear alignment settings worse than they may already be.

You may want to check this out if you haven't already seen it: Rear Alignment Problem FAQ
    Thanks! I read about this before purchasing and I inquired about this prior to purchasing the car, they mentioned they had checked the alignment prior to taking it in as a trade in and that it was in check. I probably should have asked for a printout though.. Maybe I will spring $100 to have it checked this summer. The car still falls under the 5 year warranty to have it replaced if need be.
    Last edited by 23027; 02-15-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    2015 Mirage Base 5MT with A/C! Custom modified eBay roof rack, Auto Dynasty lowering springs, relocated License Plate, enabled OEM Fog Lights & Cruise Control

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 23027 View Post
    ...they mentioned they had checked the alignment prior to taking it in as a trade in and that it was in check
    Well...it's up to you to believe that.

I personally wouldn't put new tires/wheels on any Mirage until you are 100% certain the rear alignment is OK. If you put aftermarket wheels/tires on and later discover that you have a problem, the dealer is going to blame your new wheels/tires and deny your warranty claim. If you're going to wait to get the alignment checked, be sure to keep your original wheels/tires around just in case. You'll want to have them on the car if you need a new rear axle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

23027 (02-16-2017),Eggman (02-15-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Well...it's up to you to believe that.

I personally wouldn't put new tires/wheels on any Mirage until you are 100% certain the rear alignment is OK. If you put aftermarket wheels/tires on and later discover that you have a problem, the dealer is going to blame your new wheels/tires and deny your warranty claim. If you're going to wait to get the alignment checked, be sure to keep your original wheels/tires around just in case. You'll want to have them on the car if you need a new rear axle.
    Good point! That's why I went with the black colored aftermarket springs instead of white, so they wouldn't notice it so obviously

Belated welcome, 23027!

Also a question:
    Quote Originally Posted by 23027 View Post
    Just bought a base model that had factory AC added
    You mean AC was installed at the dealership after the initial sale?

Or is this the base "plus" model that came with it from the factory?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Belated welcome, 23027!

Also a question:

You mean AC was installed at the dealership after the initial sale?

Or is this the base "plus" model that came with it from the factory?
    I suppose it was base plus. AC was ordered from the factory not installed at the dealership that's for sure. I haven't really looked at model info to be honest lol. I have no idea what model I have! Flying by the seat of my pants

And having fun by the sounds of it. That's what matters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    And having fun by the sounds of it. That's what matters.
    Yeah! I love this car. In a weird way, it is more fun BECAUSE it's so gutless and slow. It's truly more than enough for my needs but man I love this little thing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 23027 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-14-2017)