Thread: 2013/14 Mirage to be called "Space Star" in Ireland, other European countries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2013/14 Mirage to be called "Space Star" in Ireland, other European countries

Yes: "Space Star".

It seems North America isn't the only place where Mitsu is having trouble settling on the "Mirage" name for its new baby.

the compact Mirage will have exclusive designation in Europe. According to the press of the Old Continent, the model will be called Space Star

Seems there's an issue with the rights to the Mirage name, according to another site (French):

Une nouveauté qui devait réaliser sa carrière sous le nom de Mirage mais qui a finalement dû en changer chez nous pour une raison de droit d'utilisation de nom.
    A little more info on the Space Star name...

la marque japonaise a été confrontée à des problèmes de droits pour utilisation du nom Mirage dans différents marchés. Cette appellation est déjà utilisée dans une série d’avions de guerre construits par Dassailt Aviation. Mitsubishi a aussi éprouvé le même problème avec le nom Mirage GT qui est déjà utilisé par une super auto de la marque Gemballa, un véhicule dérivé de la Porsche Carrera GT.

Read more: http://www.lecourriersud.com/Autos/A...de-la-Mirage/1
    Translated highlights:

The problems are that an aerospace company has rights to "Mirage" for a war plane. Also, a Porsche-based car made by Gemballa already goes by the name Mirage GT.

The last article also says the Mirage name will be also be changed in Russia and Ukraine.

Mitsu has previously used the "Space Star" name for a mini-mini-MPV (micro-van) that's no longer in production:

Source: Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Space_Star

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Was hoping the car would have the same name all over the world just makes things a little harder as we have to search for other names. May have to somehow include space star in the forum title.
    Last edited by jamiec; 01-18-2013 at 04:10 AM.

That makes two of us who were hoping for a consistent name. Oh well.

I've added "Space Star" into the forum description (meta tags - doesn't show in the URL/title), so it will turn up in results when people search for a forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Great move there Metro with including the "Space Star" name. Should help more peaple to find this site.

The more the merrier. But we probably won't have a lot of English-speakers looking for "Space Star forum" - the Euro markets where it will get that name are all non-English speaking. Still, doesn't hurt.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I have been on some non-English speaking sites and use a translation of the non-English to English. So we may get some use that way.

Interesting: it's Space Star in Ireland too.

(So much for my theory about it being in non-English-speaking markets only.)

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ie/cont...parentID=22077

FYI, Jamie - added more Space Star references throughout the forum, including the header image.

I did some research, and there are literally hundreds of millions of English speakers in the markets where it's going to be called Space Star, so it's best to start integrating the name even more. I'll also be making a point of using "Mirage / Space Star" when posting generic info.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Great work on the Space Star name Metro