Page 8 of 271 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Temps were in the 60s so I plastidipped my front bumper today while referencing this thread and this thread. Even though I removed the tape immediately after applying the last layer, it still wanted to pull some plastidip up with it. I recommend very gently scoring the edges of the tape with a razor blade. Very softly and carefully, or else you'll scratch your actual bumper like I did in a small section. I also started the car after she's been sitting in my garage all winter since November with battery in/no charger and it started right up!

It doesn't seem to look TOO terrible from far away, but it's hard to get the lines just right. I think I could take some off the "corners", like right by the bottom of the square thing looks weird. What do you guys think?

Not perfect: I had tape tucked under the plastic part. You can tell the plastidip doesn't make it all the way to the edge. Too much tape?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spork For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-20-2017),Eggman (04-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Installed new HU

http://xtrons.com/tb706apl-7-hd-digi...tion-obd2.html

Full android unit. It's very nice. Set my phone as a wifi hotspot and it will work just like a tablet. Google maps, torque pro and most any other app will run just fine. Also did rearview cam with warning sensors built in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2015 Floyd For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-11-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I installed the Color Keyed Bodyside Moldings on my Wine Red 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE today. Very easy and come with the template to line them up perfectly. I ordered them on EBAY from Daytona Mitsubishi in Flordia and paid $140.00 and they really add something to the side of the car. Name:  IMG_8408.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  97.9 KB

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-20-2017),inuvik (04-12-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also added the OEM Scuff Plates that say Mitsubishi Motors and are specifically for the G4. They look sharp against the Wine Red Paint. Name:  IMG_7009.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  93.1 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi mirage g4 piano black interior trim kit for center console around gear shifter and cup holders and 2 outer air vents.Name:  IMG_8516.jpg
Views: 886

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Canter console view. Sorry for the pictures being sideways or upside down for some reason could not get them to post right or adjust them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage ES Navi View Post
    Mitsubishi mirage g4 piano black interior trim kit for center console around gear shifter and cup holders and 2 outer airName:  IMG_8514.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  93.5 KB vents.Name:  IMG_8516.jpg
Views: 886

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Put on the OEM Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Window Vent Shades. Also purchased these on EBAY from Daytona Mitsubishi in Flordia as they seem to have the best prices online for Factory Accessories. Name:  IMG_8531.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  98.3 KB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I picked up the tires I ordered for my super secret budget wheels. I have been working on them very slowly and making sure I ordered the proper tire size. I'm preeeeetty sure I did this right.. Will follow up when I am done.

I also gave up trying to enable the fog lights with the etacsdecoder software. The guy who made the program is very little help and there is so much mixed up through translation. I grew tired of waiting and having no response. Decided to make an appointment at a Mitsubishi dealership to have them enable the suckers out front! Had a quote given to me by a nearby dealership. Said about an hours labour rate or less. Max 1 hour job so that's about 100-120 bucks Canadian. Decided because I had to head in a different direction to pick up the tires, that I would go to the dealership I bought the car from. They did it for free!! I shelled out my wallet afterwards and they just smiled while they handed me the keys and said "No charge ".

Nothing but great things to say about that place. I don't know why I even thought about going elsewhere. When I bought the car, the hands free was in Spanish. They couldn't figure it out for me within 10 minutes, so they gave me a $20 gas voucher for my trouble. I used google translate for 2 minutes and stumbled through it until it was English again

Decided to put the money saved towards Cruise Control parts!! Bought the clutch switch, brake switch, and the pricey steering wheel switch. All OEM. Will start putting them in when they all arrive. If it all works out I'll give all the part numbers and what needed to be done etc!

2015 Mirage Base 5MT with A/C! Custom modified eBay roof rack, Auto Dynasty lowering springs, relocated License Plate, enabled OEM Fog Lights & Cruise Control

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 23027 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 23027 View Post
    They did it for free!! I shelled out my wallet afterwards and they just smiled while they handed me the keys and said "No charge ".
    It sounds like you have a great dealer there.

When I bought the car, the hands free was in Spanish. They couldn't figure it out for me within 10 minutes, so they gave me a $20 gas voucher for my trouble. I used google translate for 2 minutes and stumbled through it until it was English again
    I recall seeing a menu for the hands-free Link system somewhere. Glad you got that sorted.

Decided to put the money saved towards Cruise Control parts!! Bought the clutch switch, brake switch, and the pricey steering wheel switch. All OEM. Will start putting them in when they all arrive. If it all works out I'll give all the part numbers and what needed to be done etc!
    Will you work through this same dealer for enabling cruise? I wonder what they say about all this work you are doing to your car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Re-wrapped the hood and gave it a good detail. I was able to get all the signs of winter off of it.

Name:  MirageSpring2017a.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  95.7 KB
    Name:  MirageSpring2017c.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  90.2 KB
    Name:  MirageSpring2017b.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  99.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Emizel (04-20-2017),inuvik (04-13-2017)