Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Temps were in the 60s so I plastidipped my front bumper today while referencing this thread and this thread. Even though I removed the tape immediately after applying the last layer, it still wanted to pull some plastidip up with it. I recommend very gently scoring the edges of the tape with a razor blade. Very softly and carefully, or else you'll scratch your actual bumper like I did in a small section. I also started the car after she's been sitting in my garage all winter since November with battery in/no charger and it started right up!

It doesn't seem to look TOO terrible from far away, but it's hard to get the lines just right. I think I could take some off the "corners", like right by the bottom of the square thing looks weird. What do you guys think?

Not perfect: I had tape tucked under the plastic part. You can tell the plastidip doesn't make it all the way to the edge. Too much tape?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spork For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-20-2017),Eggman (04-10-2017)