I'm not saying other places don't rust worse than my area and I don't claim to be in a terrible area. For me major structural parts can't become compromised in the basic 5 year warranty window or 7 year perforation. This is poor quality and planned obsolescence 101. I couldn't care less what a dealer/Mitsubishi would say as legally it comes down to what the warranty says. If mine looks bad I will bring it up before my warranty is done for sure and if I had problems like the 2021 F150 I would get my lawyers involved. Thankfully mine doesn't look anywhere near that bad yet.

My old Grand Cherokee that spent all its time parked outside I had 17 years and 205k miles had a bit of rust but it aged much better with no special care routine or normal washes. Matter of fact it looked better than MetroMPGs pictures with no door rust or major paint problems. Designing spots for gunk to get caught up in and using the cheapest paint/metals possible (as shown by ford) are quality problems even if the the problem is exacerbated by salt and age.

Anyways I think Ford is still trying to figure out how to build a manual transmission