Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Coilovers by Godspeed

Country
    Norway
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Negative front camber is not a bad thing necessarily

Since the Godspeed website sucks and I can't see it on the Amazon listing, what kind of lowering does the Godspeed give? It looks as if you have quite a lot of threads left.. How much is your car down from stock?

Also lower mounts look like they are just screwed on the threads on the front? If so that basically means you can both adjust the lower mount upwards (to keep the fronts stiff) or lower the car by turning the springs down making the fronts softer (understood, you can compensate that a little by stiffening the dampening). Which is cool.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What's your opinion of them now that you have had some time with the godspeed?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ioriknight For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (06-06-2018)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pretty good. I've driven on mountains back roads that were completely terrible. The ride isn't harsh, better setting do help like 1 inch lower with medium stiffness.

I have a lot road work going on with annoying bumps, so I put made the ride softer. A little bouncy on main roads with many bumps or just from being uneven.... But not too bad overall.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (06-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just ordered these over the weekend and will have them on Wednesday. I took my car to New Jersey last week and after that long drive it made me realize how bad the suspension has gotten over the 2 years since I installed the springs. The rear shocks are so bad right now with the rear drivers side being the worst so it hits bumps unevenly and it is extremely annoying. I am looking forward to getting these and installing them over the weekend. I was actually leaning towards trading the car in for a Ford Fiesta ST or a Fiat 500 Abarth and I was really close to doing it but decided to just wait a few more years because what I will really need at that time is a truck, so this will have to do until then. It is still a nice little car in most respects. It is extremely reliable, cheap to maintain, good on gas when not being flogged and so on, but I need to get this suspension right so I can actually enjoy the car a bit for the next few years. Once the coilovers are installed, dialed in, and driven on a bit, I will post my thoughts about them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Daox (07-23-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    I just ordered these over the weekend and will have them on Wednesday. I took my car to New Jersey last week and after that long drive it made me realize how bad the suspension has gotten over the 2 years since I installed the springs. The rear shocks are so bad right now with the rear drivers side being the worst so it hits bumps unevenly and it is extremely annoying. I am looking forward to getting these and installing them over the weekend. I was actually leaning towards trading the car in for a Ford Fiesta ST or a Fiat 500 Abarth and I was really close to doing it but decided to just wait a few more years because what I will really need at that time is a truck, so this will have to do until then. It is still a nice little car in most respects. It is extremely reliable, cheap to maintain, good on gas when not being flogged and so on, but I need to get this suspension right so I can actually enjoy the car a bit for the next few years. Once the coilovers are installed, dialed in, and driven on a bit, I will post my thoughts about them.
    Update please? I just bought these.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2dust02 View Post
    Gnarles2 hasn’t visited the site since 06/19. Sending him a PM might trigger a email to him.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2dust02 View Post
    Sorry it took so long for the reply! I have had them on for over a year so far and no issues at all. They are very hard even in their softest setting but I like them like that so it is not an issue for me. I live in an area that snows and they use salt on the roads and they have not rusted or corroded but I do spray them with wd40 just to give them a bit of protection. The best is on long highway trips. When I go on a long trip I will turn the front struts to their hardest setting and the rears about midway and it feels so so good. Much more steering feel although the steering feel is still not great compared to almost anything else but it’s much better than it was. All in all, I still like them a lot. Oh and at their highest setting, the car is still a bit less than 2 inches lower than stock. Sorry I have not been on here in a bit. I got a new fun car for the summer and most of my time is spent making sure it is perfect. 1990 Geo Metro Convertible. Bought it in June and it is in great shape with just 48,000 miles. It’s something I have wanted since I was 10.[ATTACH]157673
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gnarles2; 10-26-2019 at 02:45 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-26-2019),inuvik (10-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    That’s a sweet Metro. Awesome find

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry I have not been on here in a bit. I got a new fun car for the summer and most of my time is spent making sure it is perfect. 1990 Geo Metro Convertible. Bought it in June and it is in great shape with just 48,000 miles. It’s something I have wanted since I was 10.[ATTACH]157673
    Your Metro is to die for. You lucky SOB
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I got a new fun car for the summer and most of my time is spent making sure it is perfect. 1990 Geo Metro Convertible. Bought it in June and it is in great shape with just 48,000 miles.
    Wow that is in fantastic shape. That can't be from Cleveland.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)