Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ETACS Programming

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

ETACS Programming

Hey folks!

So I have been slowly gaining info and the tools needed to attack my ETACS to enable fog lights, cruise, and adjust my tire sizes. I am using the J2534 Toyota Mini-VCI cable with ETACS Decoder software. All my drivers are correct and I have read and understood the ED software as best as I can.

The other night I was successful in communicating with my car (2015 Canadian base model) except my options to modify were very limited. I did not see any option for fog lamps front OR rear, cruise, or tire size. I only had maybe 50 options to chose from, where others that were successful in doing what I want had hundreds.

Am I missing something? Or am I incorrectly using Etacs Decoder? The creator of the ED Program is Russian, and uses a translator to give English instructions. I have tried my best to understand him but some things are very roughly explained and there seems to be little help. He threatens to "ban" accounts if you ask "dumb questions that are in FAQ" which further don't really explain a lot.

Anyways, just seeing if anyone here has a little more idea about this program than I do. I am playing with it a little bit to try and learn more but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Is there a chance that I am limited by the type of cable I use? J2534 Mini VCI ($15) vs this "Lexia" ($90) or the MUT-3? ($600-$1000)

Thanks for any opinions! I want to start the discussion here first before trying the ED Program forum because many members here speak such great English.

Thanks!

2015 Mirage Base 5MT with A/C! Custom modified eBay roof rack, Auto Dynasty lowering springs, relocated License Plate, enabled OEM Fog Lights & Cruise Control

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Here are screenshots of what I am working with.

The first thing I tried was to check off these. They were unchecked by default, and when I hover the mouse over it's described as what the program reads. So obviously I want to be able to read everything on this car. Checked them all and reconnected, the options were still the exact same as before.

Here are the only things that had anything related to lighting or lamps. I was mostly looking for something that had "disabled" so that I could "enable" it.

And something else I noticed. Is that the top bar that has all the little tabs. As I scroll through my options 1 through 102, it will flip through the tabs as well. There are way more tabs than I have options listed though. I am wondering if maybe everybody else has all the options listed through all the tabs that can see Fog Lights etc or if maybe I am limited by something...? I have highlighted option 102 which is my very last one, but on the tab section above, that tab is in the middle. Just not sure why.

2015 Mirage Base 5MT with A/C! Custom modified eBay roof rack, Auto Dynasty lowering springs, relocated License Plate, enabled OEM Fog Lights & Cruise Control

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Have you clicked the "engine" tab? That is where the cruise control parameters should be.I paid the dealer $25 to activate my fog lamps before buying my equipment but I'm pretty sure that they will be found under the ETACS tab. I used the MUT3 though....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    You have incomplete VIN number displayed so you have the wrong menus.
    Name:  ed4a.jpg
Views: 6743
Size:  71.7 KB

Do you have the setting here?
    Name:  ED1a.jpg
Views: 6795
Size:  65.9 KB

From an earlier version, here's my screenshot:
    Item 48 = Tire circumference
    Name:  New 25-49.jpg
Views: 6212
Size:  90.1 KB

Item 50 = Engine Type = 3A92
    Name:  New 49-73.jpg
Views: 6098
Size:  95.4 KB

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-28-2017),Eggman (02-28-2017),inuvik (02-28-2017),strawboss (02-28-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    You have incomplete VIN number displayed so you have the wrong menus.
    Name:  ed4a.jpg
Views: 6743
Size:  71.7 KB

Do you have the setting here?
    Name:  ED1a.jpg
Views: 6795
Size:  65.9 KB
    I deleted half my VIN for a little privacy so that's all there, however I do not have my COM port selected! Is that the USB port that the VCI cable is connected through that I have to manually select?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    Have you clicked the "engine" tab? That is where the cruise control parameters should be.I paid the dealer $25 to activate my fog lamps before buying my equipment but I'm pretty sure that they will be found under the ETACS tab. I used the MUT3 though....
    Yeah! There wasn't anything in the engine tab though. Maybe because no COM port selected...

Lucky!! If it was 25 bucks I wouldn't even have bothered to buy a cable and try to do this myself.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Played around with it a little more.

I selected the option for the COM port my cable is connected to. But it didn't make any difference. Yes the COM port was the correct one, and secondly the COM port selection only applies to the ELM327 cables, not the J2534 that I use.

Here is where I "should" be seeing Cruise Control options. Blank.

Checked off more things to see if that made any difference loading more ETACS options. Nothing. Same options. Okay, so maybe I will just see if the labeling for the fog lamps is something strange and different. I go to change an option to see what it does, it highlights the tab I decided to change and changed the value/name of the tab, but none of the "write to ETACS" options actually become clickable. I can make all kinds of changes but not actually write these changes to my car. Basically all I can do is look at a few options and see what COULD be changed, but not actually change anything. It's like it's in a "read-only" mode, even though I have available requests, I am online connected to a strong source and have successful communication with the vehicle.

I read elsewhere on the ED Forum that apparently some ECU's which are identified by the VIN will give different ETACS options than others. I left my full VIN in the photos for anyone who has guru like knowledge on this. Does this basically mean I am stuck with not being able to edit ANY of the 3 things I want on this car? I just find that so hard to believe that many others have been successful and had great progress in the United States, and also even in Canada? I must be doing something wrong. I have read followed and searched so many different problems/fixes/faq's/how-to's and I still just don't get this. And honestly, I KNOW that my car has the option to activate the front fog lamps because I have the switch from the factory on my turn signal stalk... And I have purchased and put in the relay.

What the heck is going on?

Frustrated..
    Last edited by 23027; 02-28-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just a guess because I use MUT-3SE but hasve you tried switching from variant to custom in the control section in the top left? Also I think I remember reading that you download the .kon file open and edit it with ED. I didnt think ED could modify the ETACS info while it was still on the vehicle.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When I click "Custom" many of the coding parameters disappear and I am only left with 34 options to chose from, none of which are the front fog lamps.

I can not download the .kon file using my J2534 Mini-VCI cable, if I had one I could upload to ED yes but as of now this program does not allow me to download the .kon file..

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 23027 View Post
    When I click "Custom" many of the coding parameters disappear and I am only left with 34 options to chose from, none of which are the front fog lamps.

I can not download the .kon file using my J2534 Mini-VCI cable, if I had one I could upload to ED yes but as of now this program does not allow me to download the .kon file..
    There have been some forum members that were successful using the J2534 cable, all seem to be from Indonesia or the Philippines.
    But at least 3 other members have had no success with the J2534 cable, 4 including you.
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...2534-enable-CC
    Might it be worthwhile to ask the successful members for a link to the cables they use?
    Edited to add:
    (One other forum member, seanla04 was successful but using the MUT3 like I did)

Last edited by strawboss; 03-22-2017 at 09:14 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-22-2017)