Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Conditioner Transplant

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes it's labeled a biohazard too so you know its probably haunted to boot lol

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    LOL, wish I had the space for a wrecked mirage... maybe I will in a month or two. I have a short bus in the way at the moment that won't start. My neighbours are gonna hate me...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Finding a wrecked Mirage and cannibalizing the AC system will be MUCH easier than trying to plumb in a DIY system that you make from scratch.

All the AC components will be designed specifically for the car you are putting them in.

I am sure this can be done...if you are willing to put in the time, effort, and money.

Look for a random connector somewhere down below or near your alternator that doesn't look like it goes anywhere. It may be taped up or capped off. That will more than likely be the lead that goes to the AC compressor, and if it is there then the rest of the AC wiring will be as well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-06-2017),shepd (03-02-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's a great idea, thanks Cobrajet. I will have a look this weekend if the weather co-operates. I hope it's there, having the wiring will make this a much neater job and likely means I can use the on-board computer instead of building my own climate control system.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I found a small round connector for two wires hanging unused behind the alternator taped into the harness. You think that's it? And there is also a connector terminated in a plastic piece above the horn. I bet that is for the condenser fan?

I mean, if those are already there that is awesone!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    I found a small round connector for two wires hanging unused behind the alternator taped into the harness. You think that's it? And there is also a connector terminated in a plastic piece above the horn. I bet that is for the condenser fan?

I'll bet that's it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (03-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post

I don't believe there is a seperate fan for the condenser. I'll try to post some pics of the compressor and the pressure switch. Attachment 8455
    Attachment 8456

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-06-2017),MetroMPG (03-22-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'll post some pix of what's on my car later, but I checked again and the random loose connector behind the alternator is just a single wire and purple, and it looks very much like the connector going to the compressor in Fummins' pic. So I'm certain that's the compressor connector.

The connector above the horn is repeated on the other side of the car. I have a feeling they're crash sensors so that's nothing to do with anything I need to worry about.

I have a 3 wire connector right beside the wiper fluid bottle tie wrapped down to the body and (I think) capped). The colours are different than Fummins' pic but maybe they didn't standardize the wire colour between 14/15? Either way, it looks the same. I think it must be the wiring for the high pressure switch.

This is really encouraging. I think I need to start sourcing parts soon!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very interesting project.. keep us posted

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Pic (highlighted areas are the two connectors I'm curious about):

Attached Images Attached Images