So I was thinking of changing tires at Costco as they have a promotion on right now, and 4 175 tires essentially cost 470 CAD with installation and everything. They're a Pirelli model with 97% approval apparently. While this price doesn't seem particularly exceptional, what did catch my eyes was the whopping 165000 km warranty on them, as well as free nitrogen refill, free puncture fix, and a few less important goodies. As I change winter tires for a significant portion of the year, this would mean that I would essentially be good for tires for likely as long as the car can run.

I have always bought used tires, for 25-40 a tire installed, but honestly they wear out at the most at 40000 km, and I've definitely had some punctures that I've had to fix for around 15-20. Scaling it out, so long as Costco is easy to deal with, this is Just as expensive in the long run with a lot less hassle. Currently one of my rear stock tires popped right before I put on the winter tires so I'm going to have to get at least two new ones, and you really cant find the matching 165 tires anywhere at a decent price. They do have an equivalent Michelin set that is 270 CAD for 2, but i don't think I can mix 165 and 175 tires.

Has anybody had any experience with buying and installing tires at Costco? Does this seem worth it?