Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 OEM Radio on Ebay

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Different connectors, no?
    Where's the picture for 17' ES radio connectors?

(blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Where's the picture for 17' ES radio connectors?
    They were posted on the ebay ad and in your post here comparing the two radios. Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought that's why you posted that - to illustrate the differences in the two connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I think he wants to know if the '17 ES radio has different connectors than the '14-'15 DE/ES radios.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Just tossing out a random thought...

$200 is close to the cost of a quality aftermarket head unit that has higher power, pre-amp outputs, tons of sound customizing options, backup camera input, auxiliary input, DVD player, etc. I have a Kenwood DDX393 and it's only about $50 more than this used radio. I use this head unit to power the 4 door speakers (which I gave upgraded) and it's plenty loud. Well, I have an amp and a subwoofer, too. But that's another story.

Also keep in mind that the dash piece that surrounds the 2015 radio is different from the piece in the 2017. I think that dash piece is something like $100 from the dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I think he wants to know if the '17 ES radio has different connectors than the '14-'15 DE/ES radios.
    Exactly. It was said that doubtful that it's plug and play. I bet it is for the 17s and above, like the ad states. I'd like to verify with a 17 ES radio.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Just tossing out a random thought...

$200 is close to the cost of a quality aftermarket head unit that has higher power, pre-amp outputs, tons of sound customizing options, backup camera input, auxiliary input, DVD player, etc. I have a Kenwood DDX393 and it's only about $50 more than this used radio. I use this head unit to power the 4 door speakers (which I gave upgraded) and it's plenty loud. Well, I have an amp and a subwoofer, too. But that's another story.

Also keep in mind that the dash piece that surrounds the 2015 radio is different from the piece in the 2017. I think that dash piece is something like $100 from the dealer.
    True. However, some people care less about the power and just want the best OEM has to offer, and no matter how nice aftermarket you can get, out never looks as clean at oem.

(blank signature)