Thread: How to request --- etacs

Country
    United States
    Thanks

How to request --- etacs

Ok I pretty much have wrenches for hands but I feel like when I read you guys talking about etacs adaptors and this cable doesn't do output configurations and this... blah...just shoot me because I'm already lost.

Can someone please post a clear guide, complete from ordering which cable too the software setup, and can we sticky the thing? I'm sure I'm not the only member in this boat, or that would appreciate it.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

bzacon (11-05-2017),Fummins (03-24-2017),MetroMPG (03-26-2017),poorman1 (03-25-2017),Top_Fuel (03-10-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I am still working my way through this but I will post a thorough guide what to do and how to do it. I agree it is VERY confusing, a lot is lost in translation so it's just totally random and inconsistent information floating around. I also am really confused and totally new to this "request to the server" type of program. It's really strange and foreign, I have never used any program that does that. Sort of getting there though.

I am working towards:
    Enabling factory Cruise Control, front Fog Lights, and adjusting Tire Circumference.

Will keep you posted. I am trying to do all of these using a Toyota J2534 Mini-VCI cable (the cheapest option if you have a 32 bit computer to use it on) and so far I have successfully enabled cruise control. I don't have the parts installed to use it yet though so I can't test it just yet.
    2015 Mirage Base 5MT with A/C! Custom modified eBay roof rack, Auto Dynasty lowering springs, relocated License Plate, enabled OEM Fog Lights & Cruise Control

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 23027 For This Useful Post:

bzacon (11-05-2017),Fummins (03-24-2017),MetroMPG (03-26-2017),MightyMirageMpg (03-24-2017),poorman1 (03-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The cheap mini-VCI adapters will work on 64-bit windows, it's just a pain in the ass to get the driver to install. A real big pain in the ass. But it will work... eventually!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

bzacon (11-05-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    The cheap mini-VCI adapters will work on 64-bit windows, it's just a pain in the ass to get the driver to install. A real big pain in the ass. But it will work... eventually!
    Yeah I was fortunate that my dad had an old work laptop, Windows XP 32 bit on it. Score!

2015 Mirage Base 5MT with A/C! Custom modified eBay roof rack, Auto Dynasty lowering springs, relocated License Plate, enabled OEM Fog Lights & Cruise Control