Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Installed the Rokford Fosgate Stereo System on their '17?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djulie1 View Post
    Remember its only for touch screen models ..head units without touch screen dont need it ,,actually ,,even touch screen models with update work well i think without it..but hey its free lets try it. aftr 500 big ones and a half day install ..lets soup that thing up.

Something i did to help me a lil. I have a muscle torn in one shoulder ,,and getting amp bolted in lol was hard -so ,,i took my cone shaped drill bit and wollared the holes out in mount just a lil..that way mounting it was a lil easier.
    I did not drill the hole they requested because i know a dealer and they dont do it eitheir,,the three other bolts are way more than adequate ,,i did take a piece of the foam tape and place it where the hole normally would have been. Just in case that part wants to wiggle it would make no noise banging against metal ,,but ,,its not gonna move period.

Last edited by djulie1; 06-13-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Heres a pic of the Rockford Fosgate amp update cable for touch screen Mirages ..I just did it ,,you can tell a difference ,,it sounds cleaner and bass is deeper ..you can tell you have a box now ..I told dude at Rockford others will want ths update,,he says no problem call or mail him.
    It cost me nothing but just postage to mail his cable back ,,not a bad deal .Name:  updatercable.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  97.0 KB

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djulie1 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-16-2017),Iggypooper (06-17-2017),Top_Fuel (06-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll be sure to email him soon, thank you for the info.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    tysm for other day !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to djulie1 For This Useful Post:

Iggypooper (06-17-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I installed a Rockford Fosgate Premium Audio kit in Speck and am pretty pleased with how it all turned out.

What I really appreciate about it is the fit & finish. The amp is not in the typical location under a seat. The subwoofer & enclosure is substantially bigger than I expected! The wiring is neat and tidy. I didn't have to run any extra wiring to the battery or find an unused power source at the fuse box. The change in audio performance (along with my replacement Pioneer speakers) is subtle but clear. I admire how Rockford Fosgate has tuned the amp for the Mirage.

In my opinion, if anyone were to consider adding an audio amplifier to their Mirage, this kit is clearly the way to go.

For reference, here's some other threads on the subject.

Rockford Fosgate Edition Mirage (U.S.)

Rockford Fosgate OEM Accessory Add on

I'm interested in helping others but don't want to make a(nother) long & boring post about the kit & install but I'd be happy to share my experience with it. Let me know if there are any questions or other requests.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-16-2019)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    is there a specs sheet for this subwoofer? i need the specs of thw box since ill be making my own sub woofer box same as the rockford box.

would be great help. i have tried checking on google but all has no detals for the measurements.

Name:  images1.jpeg.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  33.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    is there a specs sheet for this subwoofer? i need the specs of thw box since ill be making my own sub woofer box same as the rockford box.

would be great help. i have tried checking on google but all has no detals for the measurements.
    What specifications are you after? Physical dimensions, electrical, acoustical?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (04-11-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    yes dimensions and the design.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    yes dimensions and the design.
    So here's the thing - the subwoofer fits very snugly in the rear hatch cargo compartment right up against the bottom of the rear seat back. It's even tethered to anchor points to keep it from flying about in an accident. I could measure it and report basic dimensions but there are so many other features to this subwoofer box that would make it difficult to fully describe online and duplicate! I would expect that it would be easier for someone to simply measure that area behind the rear seats and build a custom box to fit whatever size drivers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok I just took some measurements:

Overall height: 5" (13cm)
    The top measurements are different from the bottom.
    Top measures 43.5" long tapering to 38", 8.5" deep (110cm to 97cm, 21.5cm)
    Bottom measures 35.5"L x 7.25"D (90cm x 18.5cm)

The basic shape is found by following the bottom measurements and overall height:
    35.5"L x 7.25"D x 5"H (90cm x 18.5cm x 13cm). The shape of the top appears to serve two main functions: to take up space (remove gaps) between the wheel wells and allow stuff to be piled up on top of the box without falling between the triangular gaps at either side, and to help keep the subwoofer assembly in its place behind the rear seats and between the wheel wells.

Drivers (2) fire downward. Wiring enters the assembly at the bottom center, the entry point appears to be sealed. I found no evidence that the assembly can be opened up other than by removing the speakers. I'm going to guess it was formed in a rotomold?? It is marked ABS, which I believe describes the type of plastic used in its construction.

The assembly is tethered to the outermost seat brackets and uses velcro to the carpet to keep from sliding around.

I hope that helps. Would you share what you have in mind with these dimensions? I suppose you or someone you know are thinking about building one yourself. Mine says it was made in China and has the Rockford Fosgate logo on it.

Last edited by Eggman; 04-11-2020 at 02:52 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (10-14-2023)