Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Installed the Rokford Fosgate Stereo System on their '17?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    That info from Rockford's website is interesting. The Flex41 amp has an Ethernet and a USB port. They explain the purpose of the USB port at the link Eggman posted.

Looking at this picture I found of a Flex41 amp, the Ethernet port does appear to be for a remote bass control. But I would call their tech support and verify that before buying a control.

Name:  flex41.jpg
Views: 15367
Size:  85.5 KB

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 05-05-2017 at 02:00 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Iggypooper (05-06-2017),inuvik (05-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thanks for the photo and the description. It's good to see the kit in it's component form before installation.

However, I would be surprised if it has an Ethernet port. It is my understanding that the connector is typically used for a control of some sort.
    I stole the photo from eBay lol, I was too lazy to take any photos of my own during install. But if you or anyone is having any problems installing any accessories, let me know because chances are I've installed them on mine haha.

I have personally never had any sort of sub in any of my previous cars, so this was all new to me with the bass controller and such.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Iggypooper For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I traded in my tired 14 model cvt de mirage last night for brand spanking new orange loaded GT Mirage ,,,YAYY!!
    anyone have an excellent deal on the audio upgrade. I got my dealer down to 500.00 but that was as low as I could find .
    If so let me know ,,thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im installing this now in my new 2017 GT..and im having trouble..its all simple except where Im trying to wire head unit..
    The "T" harness will not plug into back of head unit? It has to be something simple im missing. I appreciate any input you have.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djulie1 View Post
    Im installing this now in my new 2017 GT..and im having trouble..its all simple except where Im trying to wire head unit..
    The "T" harness will not plug into back of head unit? It has to be something simple im missing. I appreciate any input you have.
    Hey djulie1 Sorry I have no experience with this install but I would like to know the outcome. Hopefully someone here can help out.

Any chance you can post some pictures of the harness & the radio unit? It might help someone here identify a solution.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    IGGYPOOPER helped me tremendously ..such a good dude called me and showed me what I was doing wrong in just a few minutes ..Now its in and has every option i know of ..He was a huge help. Plus hes friends with one of my friends here in WV..He will have dinner on me next time hes in WV . Its really worth it ..looks all professional ..There is an upgraded file for touch screen cars per ROCKFORD FOSGATE TECH..I have the file and the are gonna send me a cord to load it in amp .
    Its not needed but they claim it makes a diff,,so why not try it ,,its free..They said I was the first consumer that had ever inquired about it..but its not needed it sounds good eitheir way !

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djulie1 For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-16-2017),Eggman (06-10-2017),Iggypooper (06-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djulie1 View Post
    They said I was the first consumer that had ever inquired about it..but its not needed it sounds good eitheir way !
    I emailed them last year about getting the RF EcoPunch amp and was told to go through a Mitsubishi Dealer for inquiries! Go figure.

Glad you got it sorted out! PICTURES please!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We had a little issue over the phone on which plugs go where. I only installed it a month or so ago but I had already forgot what plugs went where lol. But after I had removed my radio everything came together pretty easily.

djulie1, do you know where I can go to talk to that Rockford Fogsgate tech? I would like to get that update too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    HERES EMAIL I GOT FROM rOCKFORD fOSGATE tech DEPT:

Dan Vandenbergh <Dan.Vandenbergh@rockfordcorp.com>
    To djulie1@yahoo.com Jun 9 at 1:03 PM
    Greetings:

I was informed that you may need to update your Flex41 amplifier to match your radio (pictured below). Please see attached file with instruction. I will send you the USB drive with adapter --- please return this to me when you finish.

I can send you the drive today. Please let me know your shipping address.

Best regards,
    Dan

----------------------------------
    Dan Vandenbergh
    Rockford Fosgate OEM Group
    600 S. Rockford Drive
    Tempe, AZ 85281
    Ph: 480.517.3041
    ================================================== =================================

****GUYS GALS i ACTUALLY HAVE THE UPDATE FILE FOR THE AMP TOO ..BUT IT WONT ATTACH IN FORUM I COULD MAIL IT VAIL EMAIL ..DAVID
    Last edited by djulie1; 06-12-2017 at 05:16 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djulie1 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-12-2017),Iggypooper (06-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Remember its only for touch screen models ..head units without touch screen dont need it ,,actually ,,even touch screen models with update work well i think without it..but hey its free lets try it. aftr 500 big ones and a half day install ..lets soup that thing up.

Last edited by djulie1; 06-12-2017 at 05:26 PM.