Thread: 2021 Collision Mitigation thingy

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2021 Collision Mitigation thingy

Snow today and anti-collision warning light came on. Long push on panel switch turned off blinky symbol at top right of instrument cluster and illuminated system off light at bottom right of cluster.

Now, when restarting both lights illuminate, top blinking, bottom on steady. Long push stops blinking, short push turns it back to blinking. Wiped windshield over sensor but it was just wet but clear of any obstruction.

I have read the operator's guide but not today. Any ideas?

Karl

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Snow today and anti-collision warning light came on. Long push on panel switch turned off blinky symbol at top right of instrument cluster and illuminated system off light at bottom right of cluster.

Now, when restarting both lights illuminate, top blinking, bottom on steady. Long push stops blinking, short push turns it back to blinking. Wiped windshield over sensor but it was just wet but clear of any obstruction.

I have read the operator's guide but not today. Any ideas?
    I got the same collision mitigation but haven't had that issue. I noticed you cleaned it off first, so you read about it in the owners manual. Might be time to experience your first joyful occasion at the Mitsu service center, getting warranty work done. Good luck and if the first service center is terrible (highly likely) then just find the next closes one and pray it's staffed with competent people. I had a Mitsu service center do an oil change and forget to put in a new engine filter. They just took the old one out and that was it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (01-03-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Did you clean the radar unit?

I dont know where it is on our cars, on toyotas its built into the front emblem and on honda/bmw its built into a black plastic box that is placed below the front license plate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (01-04-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I had a Mitsu service center do an oil change and forget to put in a new engine filter. They just took the old one out and that was it!
    What's an engine filter? Any chance it filters out the 3-cylinder and leaves a V-10 turbo behind?

CROSSBOLT - (Cool UN): I think you've made the right move(s). I'd give it a few days and some driving to see if it goes away on its own. I'll admit, waiting/driving doesn't necessarily make sense for the lights your seeing. But you never know, that system too may need some miles / cycles / whatever before it will reset. And not only that, if you wait a bit and it goes away, you wouldn't have to go to the stealer. Anything beats going to the stealer. They could put in an engine filter and filter your engine down to 2 cylinders!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (01-04-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well, boys! I think I found the answer: i had turned the system OFF after the upper flashy symbol was lit because of _______whatever. Once the operator (me, you, whatever) turns the system OFF it stays OFF and both warning lights are lit and the upper flashes. This morning when I started (all three cylinders) the engine and self-check was complete with no warning lights lit, I gave the "Forward Collision Mitigation" switch a short jab, turning the system ON. For the rest of the morning's errands including engine stops, getting out, locking car, unlocking, etc. the FCM lights remained OFF. You see, the book sez when you turn this thingy ON, it stays ON until you turn it OFF. Got that?

At any rate, I won't have to go to the stealer. Like I would have, anyway. I have more faith in youse guys than any stealer tech, anyhow.

Happy New Year!

Karl

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-04-2022)