Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have experience with an NV200?

Does anyone have experience with an NV200?

We are looking for a larger delivery vehicle to replace a bunch of old import trucks we are using. The Nissan NV200 is looking like our best bet. It's the cheapest appears to be the most fuel efficient out of the little cargo vans I see. I was wondering if anyone has one or knows of any problems they might have. Or is there any other type of vehicle that might be better suited to replace a 4cyl truck that isn't a ford.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do not own one but I have looked at them before to possibly make a small camper van. They also have a Chevrolet version of the NV200 called the City Express and I have seen them for sale cheaper than the Nissan version so you may want to look at a Chevy dealer as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-13-2017)

We went to the Chev dealer first. Unfortunately the dealers here want more for the Chevy, it has less standard options and the warranty isn't as good as Nissan's. I'm pretty sure we are gonna try out a Nissan but I was hoping to hear some good and bad things about it before buying one. I believe they're made in China?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting. I never payed any attention to where they were made. I just wish that they came with a package that made them into a camper like an older VW bus. Even if there was an aftermarket company that made them I would be interested. It could be a great all in one car for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess there is a company that make them here. I just emailed them for a price. Maybe I will be getting one of these too! lol www.reconcampers.com

Name:  reconNV200.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  66.2 KB

That would be great for camping. Much more fuel efficient than what I use!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    I guess there is a company that make them here. I just emailed them for a price. Maybe I will be getting one of these too! lol www.reconcampers.com

Name:  reconNV200.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  66.2 KB

Very good for camping,.. I wonder how much are those.. maybe $35k?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    Very good for camping,.. I wonder how much are those.. maybe $35k?
    As soon as they reply to me I will let you know!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So 35-40 thousand is about right. I don't think it sounds that bad actually. You can probably make it even cheaper by purchasing a pre-owned van and save a few grand. Packages range from $13,500 for a base package (pretty much a camper without water or fridge) to $20,000 for everything including sink, fridge, fresh and grey water storage, outdoor shower and so on. You can even get standalone items like just getting the pop up roof, awning and so on.

I guess I was wrong about being made in China, we just bought a 2015 and the first digit in the vin is a 3 which I believe is Mexico. I pulled the passenger seat out and am now trying to figure out how to keep the airbag light off. I'm sure I can bypass the seat airbag with a 2 or 2.2 ohm resistor but I'm having trouble with the occupant sensors.