Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New member. About to purchase a Mirage. Questions (Update: bought 2!)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    So it looks like we will be inking the deal on Wed. At a different dealer. 2 SE hatches with 5spds.

I will give all the details about everything after Wednesday.
    Looking forward to hearing the details and some pics! There are a few other owners with 2 Mirage's in their household.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-19-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Looking forward to hearing the details and some pics! There are a few other owners with 2 Mirage's in their household.
    Yeah these are going to be awesome perfect cars to buzz around town in. I've wanted a Lil 3cly small car with awesome mileage and turning radius for about 16 years. In 2001 I had a loaner metro while my car was getting body work and I had it for like 4 days. I used to deliver pizzas on the side back then and I remember thinking the fuel gauge was broken because it wasn't going down lol. And I also was amazed I could do a u turn on a side street.
    It's the first thing I tried while testing the mirage and it passed that test easily.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

debburyl (03-20-2017),inuvik (03-19-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Heading out tomorrow morning to sign off on a couple SE hatches, as long as everything is as it should be.

Pics and write up to follow.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-22-2017),inuvik (03-22-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay so we now have two brand new SE hatchbacks in the garage. A mystic black and a wine red.

My mirage display said 41.0mpg even when I pulled in the driveway after the 265mi drive home from the dealer. All hwy of course.
    I've always read to not drive a steady speed on a new car so we went between 60-70 with the avg I'd say at 64.
    Our drive has a fair amount of hills.

My scangauge E read 41.3 avg so it was extremely close.

My wife's identical Mirage displayed 42.3mpg on her display. But I did more idling while setting up my scangauge and I do weigh about 100 more pounds not sure if that's the difference.

I am betting those numbers will rise quick when cars are broken in!

So first thing I noticed is how crazy light the clutch is to depress.
    One thing I found odd is the fog lights need to be turned back on each time you start the car?

Also I like that it has an outside temp and DTE displays but I wish you didn't have to toggle through the button presses to see those things.

Overall I'm happy and so is the wife.

I have both alignment sheets and they are good! The cars drove straight at all speeds no issues.

I have pics and more of a story later.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-23-2017),MetroMPG (03-23-2017),wellswebdesign (03-23-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Okay so we now have two brand new SE hatchbacks in the garage. A mystic black and a wine red.

My mirage display said 41.0mpg even when I pulled in the driveway after the 265mi drive home from the dealer. All hwy of course.
    I've always read to not drive a steady speed on a new car so we went between 60-70 with the avg I'd say at 64.
    Our drive has a fair amount of hills.

My scangauge E read 41.3 avg so it was extremely close.

My wife's identical Mirage displayed 42.3mpg on her display. But I did more idling while setting up my scangauge and I do weigh about 100 more pounds not sure if that's the difference.

I am betting those numbers will rise quick when cars are broken in!

So first thing I noticed is how crazy light the clutch is to depress.
    One thing I found odd is the fog lights need to be turned back on each time you start the car?

Also I like that it has an outside temp and DTE displays but I wish you didn't have to toggle through the button presses to see those things.

Overall I'm happy and so is the wife.

I have both alignment sheets and they are good! The cars drove straight at all speeds no issues.

I have pics and more of a story later.
    Congrats! These might be the first 5-speed SE hatches on this forum?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Congratulations! Don't forget to set up your garage entries. Garage empty: add car

If there are any lingering doubts, consider getting a third party alignment check.

Also, if you are interested, an easy way to improve fuel economy is to increase tire pressure which of course reduces rolling resistance. I, as well as some others, keep as much as 50 psi, usually somewhere between 45 - 50. There are some other techniques for improving fuel economy here on the forum such as engine block heaters, warm air intakes, and grill blocking for aerodynamics. It's fun to see how this car responds to various fuel efficient driving methods.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-23-2017 at 09:06 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    ...first thing I noticed is how crazy light the clutch is to depress.
    I never test drove a Mirage before I bought one. The first time I stepped on the clutch pedal, I thought it was broken because I felt no resistance.

I have both alignment sheets and they are good!
    That's great to hear.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. I set both cars at 37psi because from experience I know on long freeway drives it probably got above 40psi anyway.

So I'm trying to figure out how to post pics and all that. Will I have to upload to my old school photo bucket first? Or is there an easier way?

As far as alignments I sprung that on them literally when we arrived at the dealership.

One car needed a little front adjustment but other than that all looked good I even went back and talked to the tech who did them.

So we have the only SE manuals on the board? Are they not too common?
    I know not many dealers had them so I guess not.

One hilarious thing is they came with a full tank and we spent 8-9min idling going over features and then I idled a bit more setting up scangauge and did about 10mi of driving before leaving for the long drive home so I wanted to re-fill up before doing the scangauge fill up thing so I went to the gas station thinking a couple bucks would fill it........ .50 cents!!! Haha should have seen the ladies face when I said .50c on pump 8. Haha

Okay I will update garage.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-23-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Will I have to upload to my old school photo bucket first? Or is there an easier way?
    No need to host pictures at another website. You can just attach them to your post and they will upload here. It took me a while to figure that out. I seemed to be the only one hosting pictures at photobucket.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Over time it seems images hosted elsewhere become unavailable.

I upload my images to a photo album here on my forum account and use those for my posts. This method has the benefit of making the images easier to find if needed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)