Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New member. About to purchase a Mirage. Questions (Update: bought 2!)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!!!! You will Love those Mirage!! When I had my New 2014 DE mine was getting 51 MPG on the freeway! They are awesome cars!!! When I get a chance I'll get another one! I had to trade mine to get a. Bigger mitsubishi So I got a Outlander SE. Because my wife has a service dog. Glad you caught the Mirage Fever!!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Keep us posted on the alignment and see if 2017 new car is that good...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    Keep us posted on the alignment and see if 2017 new car is that good...
    They decided to give a run around about the alignment hmm. That's weird.
    First, it was going to be no issue to do.

Then the day was bumped out from when it was going to get done.
    Then they said they don't have anot alignment rack and sub it to a place next to the dealership. A very large diamond mitsubishi dealer doesn't have their own rack?

Now, I have not heard back since yesterday morning.

Luckily I'm talking to a couple other dealers about putting something together.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    They decided to give a run around about the alignment hmm. That's weird.
    First, it was going to be no issue to do.
    It may sound like a paid advertisement, but I think you can trust Mitsubishi to handle this for you.

I had the same concerns as you when I bought mine this time last year, and made my purchase on an assurance that everything has checked out fine. When I scheduled my free oil change I mentioned the steering wheel was off. My dealer put it on the rack, the technician made some minor adjustments to the front end and found the rear axle was slightly off. With a documented issue, it was replaced without hassle. If you like, you can read more about my experience starting with this post.

Some dealers put up resistance against resolving this. Through this forum it was discussed with Mitsubishi Motors North America and the conclusion is that rear axle alignment problems are to be covered under the 5 year warranty.

All this to say make the purchase, and it can be covered by warranty. Without the warranty, I think dealers have a hard(er) time addressing these problems.

Just my opinion. I think you'll be fine, but I'm not the one bearing the risk or obligated to take care of it.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-16-2017 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Add some links.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for the links. I will see what they say if they decide to get back to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't believe they have the possibility of two sales, and haven't completed this task already. Crazy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Car Nut For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (03-18-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    They decided to give a run around...

...it was going to be no issue to do.
    ...the day was bumped out from when it was going to get done.
    ...they don't have an alignment rack and sub it to a place next to the dealership.
    ...I have not heard back since yesterday morning.
    Sounds like your salesman is working hard to lose a sale. The alignment shop is next door and they can't make it happen? If I was that sales guy, I'd drive each car over there myself and get it done to close the deal.

If they are making you a great deal and you really want to buy from them, make them this offer: If they check the alignment on the cars and they are within spec (all 4 wheels), you'll pay for the alignment checks. Based on the alignment data posted on this site, the chance of ALL 4 wheels being properly aligned from the factory isn't very good. Even if the rear axle is OK, the front end may be out of spec. This is the way my car was.

Of the 30+ alignment checks posted to this forum, only 1 was within spec for all 4 wheels. I wasn't a statistics major, but I'm pretty sure that means the odds aren't very good.

My opinion? There's no way I would buy any Mirage without knowing if the rear alignment checks out. Even if you trust the dealer, why would you want to buy a car with a potential warranty repair waiting for you as soon as you drive it off the lot? Take your business somewhere if these guys don't want to meet a reasonable request.

Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    I can't believe they have the possibility of two sales, and haven't completed this task already. Crazy.
    Yeah...what he said.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 03-17-2017 at 04:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks guys.
    Yeah, I am actually trying to work the best deal possible with a few dealerships. That's how I buy any vehicle now days. The days of walking into a single dealer and sweating it out are long gone imo.

I can work 3-4 deals via email and phone and choose the best one.

I will keep you guys posted!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

debburyl (03-18-2017),Eggman (03-17-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't give up!! On the Mirage it's a Awesome car !!! Sad to say you have to stand your ground and tell them what you want! I was told the same thing with my Mirage they said I could not trade it in. They were wrong! The last Dealership Gave me a Awesome Deal and put me in a New Outlander SE. You just have to go to the wright Dealership who cares about its customers! In WA state USA is Larsons Mitsubishi
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So it looks like we will be inking the deal on Wed. At a different dealer. 2 SE hatches with 5spds.

I will give all the details about everything after Wednesday.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-19-2017),mitsumi (03-19-2017),Top_Fuel (03-19-2017)