Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheels and spacers help

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Wheels and spacers help

Before I purchase my wheels and tires I have been digging all though here and the Internet just to be safe. Will I need at least 1 inch spacers?

My rims and tires I am going to get are Falken Ziex Ze950's and Proline 110b's.
    The Falkens are 195/50/15's and the 110b's are 15.6 with a +36 offset.
    Before I make the final decision I just want to make sure everything will fit properly. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by Emizel; 03-04-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    my set up is Konig Helium Bronze Wheel (15x6.5"/4x100mm) with Hankook Ventus V2 concept 2 All-Season Radial Tire - 195/50R15 H, 40+ Offset with no rubbing. You'll be fine.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Emizel (03-04-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    my set up is Konig Helium Bronze Wheel (15x6.5"/4x100mm)...40+ Offset
    ...You'll be fine.
    Agree 100% with Marklovski. I run the same Helium wheels and they are very close to the Proline 110b wheels you are looking at. A 15x6.5 wheel with around a 36-40mm offset is (in my opinion) a perfect wheel for the Mirage.

When you buy the proper size/offset wheel (which you are doing), wheel spacers aren't needed. Those Proline wheels will already sit out about 1.25 inches more than the stock wheels do. You will like that setup...and your car will look completely different. Check out my wheel/tire thread here if you haven't already seen it.

The only thing you're giving up is some fuel efficiency. The wheel/tire combination you are looking at is heavier than stock and the tires aren't low rolling resistance. That may cost you a few mpg.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Emizel (03-04-2017)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have 15X6.5 rims running 195/50R15 tires and I have an issue with rear wheel scrape. I assume it's and issue with offset on the rims I have. I purchased some 18-1901 spring spacers for the rear to at least keep the wheels on this car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I have 15X6.5 rims running 195/50R15 tires and I have an issue with rear wheel scrape. I assume it's and issue with offset on the rims I have. I purchased some 18-1901 spring spacers for the rear to at least keep the wheels on this car.

Volkswagen Beetle rear coils raise the rear about an inch with a slight gain in handling, might be worth a shot for you. Very inexpensive and took 15 minutes to swap.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I have 15X6.5 rims running 195/50R15 tires and I have an issue with rear wheel scrape.
    Is the tire rubbing or is it the wheel?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Is the tire rubbing or is it the wheel?
    Outer tire rubbing inner rear fender. Worse with weight in rear. Don't want to hijack this thread. Info on my MoJo garage entry.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you officially ordered them and they should be in Wednesday!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agree 100% with Marklovski. I run the same Helium wheels and they are very close to the Proline 110b wheels you are looking at. A 15x6.5 wheel with around a 36-40mm offset is (in my opinion) a perfect wheel for the Mirage.

When you buy the proper size/offset wheel (which you are doing), wheel spacers aren't needed. Those Proline wheels will already sit out about 1.25 inches more than the stock wheels do. You will like that setup...and your car will look completely different. Check out my wheel/tire thread here if you haven't already seen it.

The only thing you're giving up is some fuel efficiency. The wheel/tire combination you are looking at is heavier than stock and the tires aren't low rolling resistance. That may cost you a few mpg.
    I'm not too worried about losing a few mpg lol. To be fair I beat the snot out of her, but she has been great. Hooning around with friends and averaging at least 38mpg isn't too bad lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks

well, stupid my didn't do enough reading and am in a pickle. I had my rims and tires shipped to my house and they are here and my appointment is tomorrow and I just realized. They never came with the lug nuts that they were supposed to come with. Should i just cancel the appointment or hope that they might have some of the correct ones i need in stock?