Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MiniMi in San Diego, CA

Country
    United States
    Thanks

MiniMi in San Diego, CA

I have named my new Mirage MiniMI (as in mini Mitsubishi).

I actually sell cars, and this car had been on my lot for nearly a year. Nobody wanted it, and it was the butt of many jokes. Even myself, thought this car was some kind of cruel joke. However, someone asked me one time what is the best deal on the lot? So I ran through inventory and found this little guy. Pound for pound it was the most value for the dollar so I suggested it. Of course, the customer laughed and walked away, but I started to consider it.

Our asking price was $7995, but I know that we only paid 4500 for it because it had been in an accident. The damage was pretty minor. I went upper management and said that I needed a car and would 7K out the door work? I received a quick yes. That means that the sale price of this car was $6200 and some change.

Mid 6000 sale price for a 2015 car (of any brand) with 14,000 miles? SOLD!

So I don't know what I bought exactly but I couldn't refuse the offer. So that is my story! MiniMi will be reporting!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CigMirage For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!!!!!! Glad you made the wright move to save that Mirage!!!!! And I'm sure you will love that. Car!!! And you will get hooked to the Mirage!! And u will love the Mpg!!do you have pictures?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome deal! Welcome to the site!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CigMirage View Post
    So I don't know what I bought exactly but I couldn't refuse the offer. So that is my story! MiniMi will be reporting!
    What you bought is a fine, modern economy car. I think you framed it's purpose correctly - it's a good value. As a sales person, I'm sure you see your share of customers way over their economic head in transportation. Keep in mind that it's a very well equipped economy car - compare it to other subcompacts on the market and you'll see what I mean.

Read up on the forum & let us know if you have any questions. They are reliable. The one point of concern has been the rear axle alignment, which is not adjustable. Keep an eye on it & get it checked when you are able.

Now you get to make a garage entry. Garage empty: add car You can read about my Mirage here.

Also, this forum has a fuel economy log. A link to this feature can be found at the top of every page. Keep track of your fuel economy by making your own entry there. Many forum members have proven this car easily beats the EPA rated fuel consumption numbers. Two are averaging in the mid to upper 60 mpgs. With the right driving techniques, you can too.

Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks you guys. So far the MPG I have not tracked, but it seems to be amazing. My drive to work and back which used to take 1/8th of a tank in my old hog, I did not lose a gas bar on this fuel meter.

I actually knew about the rear axle issue. I recall now that I had this car sold remotely for $9000 out of the door if it would pass all inspections about 8 months ago. She did not buy it because it failed the rear alignment.

I'm pretty happy. So far my complaints are the lack of power, obviously, and it has a strange thing when you stop the transmission seems to put itself in a wait gear. When you stop, the whole car will buck down lower like it is getting ready to take off again. I assume that this is some feature of the transmission. I'll look into it.

Welcome to the forum! Neat intro story.

There's no argument that you got good value for money. The car has been regularly winning awards & recognition for that since it was introduced.

As for the transmission, I wonder if you're describing the CVT's "idle neutral logic" feature. For fuel saving, it goes to neutral when you stop, and shifts back into drive when you release the brake. Some people report they feel those shifts.

Thread: CVT owners... what is "Idle Neutral Logic"? And what is it like to drive?

FYI, your car also has two MPG gauges, one of which resets automatically after a few hours parked (that's the "A" gauge that shows by default in the cluster), and another one (surprise -- the "B" gauge) which must be reset manually. So you can track your tank MPG if you want (eg. reset the B each time you fill up).

Thread: Mirage factory fuel economy "A" & "B" gauges: details (MID Multi Information Display)

used to take 1/8th of a tank in my old hog
    Now I'm curious: What was the old hog?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Congrats on the new wheels. They are great little cars...if you accept what they are meant to do. I bought my '15 new, and have just over 60,000 miles on it now.

Not one single problem. It has needed oil changes, a set of tires, two sets of brake pads, and a few light bulbs. That's it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll check out those links, thanks guys!

My old hog was my 01 lexus, getting 20mpg at best.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the Mirage.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  car (1).jpg
Views: 180
Size:  42.8 KB

Thanks guys! I feel like I rescued this little guy!