Thread: 175/65/14

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

175/65/14

So I went searching for a set of 165 tires on my new (to me) '15 Mirage with 14k. I have a wholesale tire account and my cost on 165/65/14 was $88 for Bridgestone. I was expecting maybe $35 max for such little tires, but there was no off brand in this size.

My plan is to go alloys, so I didn't want to spend any money really on 14s. I had to do something since the RR tire was a different brand, the FL tire had been flat several times, and all the tires were cracking from age.

I had access to another set of wheels from a 15 mirage with 46k miles for free! So I check them out and they are 175/65/14. However, they are also cracking!

So I call my supplier and he says 175/65/14 is in stock $26 and change each. 4 new tires for $100? Sweet!

I actually traded the old 165 tires for the labor since 2 were good and it was a rare size. It works for the short term. I know that more contact with the road will hurt MPG by a hair, but I'm good with it. It's nice to have a new set of rubber!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CigMirage For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-23-2017)