Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable vibration/rattle @ 13,000 km SOLVED: loose exhaust hanger

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for that.
    Service manager is going to take my car and drive it himself for a couple of days the week after next.
    Maybe if he understands where/when it makes noise he can figure out why.
    If that doesn't produce a resolution my next step will be to remove the exhaust at home and check it out myself.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Did you get your car figured out yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sadly no.
    I was a little too angry at the new buzz/rattle introduced after dealer messed with it to give him my car as planned.
    I was not able to pull my exhaust as planned either as I couldn't get vehicle high enough to work easily in my driveway.
    So now two different rattles and the pass side front door has started a metal on metal squeak to add to my symphony.

Appointment at dealer on Thurs. to try this again. Fortunately I'm able to reproduce the new exhaust buzz and door squeak so maybe they'll fix em.
    Well see.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

That sucks! I posted on another thread that I noticed the muffler rattling on a 17'. Hitting it by hand did nothing but hitting the pipe just ahead and behind the muffler with a rubber mallet made a slight rattle in the muffler. I'm now thinking this could be enough to cause a resonance at certain rpm. The one driver who drove the car I looked at was only using for a few days and complained about an exhaust noise/rattle at certain rpms around 2000 I believe. Hope the dealer fixes your problems this time. But it sounds like they aren't too helpful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have come to realise my dealership service center can't/won't diagnose much of anything.
    Lack of skill, experience or talent..? Dunno, but not determining/admitting a problem means no warranty repair.
    Will weld for beer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    I have come to realise my dealership service center can't/won't diagnose much of anything.
    Lack of skill, experience or talent..? Dunno, but not determining/admitting a problem means no warranty repair.
    Sounds like it's time to seek out a new Mitsubishi service department. Do you think there is any value in reaching out to Mitsubishi North America?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No. Non resolution of issue is partly due to Mitsu North America.
    They've been consulted and response relayed to me was "they(Mitsu Corp.) are adamant that this is a normal characteristic of an engine this size".
    Next Mitsu dealer/service dept is hundreds of km away.
    Will weld for beer.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ask them how much to replace the muffler and if it resolves the problem will they cover it under warranty?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's a good idea actually but my frustration level is high enough now that I would rather have an aftermarket muffler installed on my own and if it solves the issue "return" the old one through dealership window.
    �� I could try it your way first though..
    Will weld for beer.

Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    That's a good idea actually but my frustration level is high enough now that I would rather have an aftermarket muffler installed on my own and if it solves the issue "return" the old one through dealership window.
    �� I could try it your way first though..
    I was gonna suggest the same thing! Before going threw the window maybe try tossing it over the counter and see if they'll pay for your new one and cover your time wasted? Doubt it but it'd be nice to try and make them feel stupid for not being able to fix it.(if that fixes your problem of course)
    I'm sure Mitsubishi hears a lot of complaints about vibrations. I watched a youtube video made by some tards that said their Mirage was broken cause the engine shakes at idle. Obviously this isn't the case for you.