Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable vibration/rattle @ 13,000 km SOLVED: loose exhaust hanger

No lemon law. But we do have: http://www.camvap.ca/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

and https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/
    Edit: Guess omvic isn't much help

"OMVIC offers a free complaint handling service to help resolve disputes between consumers and dealers. Consumers should be aware that OMVIC cannot force a dealer to give money back or offer compensation. OMVIC is not the court and only a court can impose a solution.
    Remember: These services are only available when consumers purchase from an OMVIC-Registered Dealer. OMVIC has no jurisdiction over private sales, manufacturers or independent repair facilities."

The link metrompg posted is the one you want. camvap can actually force mfg to buyback cars. I had no idea that was a thing here.
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-22-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    and https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/
    Edit: Guess omvic isn't much help

"OMVIC offers a free complaint handling service to help resolve disputes between consumers and dealers. Consumers should be aware that OMVIC cannot force a dealer to give money back or offer compensation. OMVIC is not the court and only a court can impose a solution.
    Remember: These services are only available when consumers purchase from an OMVIC-Registered Dealer. OMVIC has no jurisdiction over private sales, manufacturers or independent repair facilities."

The link metrompg posted is the one you want. camvap can actually force mfg to buyback cars. I had no idea that was a thing here.
    Camvap actually is not regulatory nor can they force a manufacturer to do anything at all.
    Camvap is a membership based arbitrator meaning they and some manufacturers have entered a binding legal agreement where the manufacturer agrees carry out the arbitrator's rulings as a condition of membership in Camvap.
    So there is some hope for those who bought cars from the member manufacturers listed.
    Can anyone spot the non member?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-23-2017),Fummins (01-03-2018),MetroMPG (12-23-2017)

Noooooooooo!

Good eye.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Noooooooooo!

Good eye.
    Yeah. My eyes always focus better with tears in them.. lol
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Pryme (01-15-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Dropped my car off at dealership Monday afternoon. They're going to launch an all out investigation of the car including underbody mounted microphones to find the rattle.
    I'm told 3 levels of Mitsu are involved now and the car will remain with dealer until a cause and resolution are found.
    We have decided on directing all efforts toward me being able to keep this car rather than buying me into another Mitsubishi product or another brand's product.
    The reason being I love my car and it's the only vehicle that meets my needs regarding economy and creature comforts/options.
    For all the bad press there's really nothing else out there that matches the Mirage for economy/options/warranty in one package.
    Fingers crossed..
    Will weld for beer.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (01-11-2018),Daox (01-11-2018),Eggman (01-11-2018),Fummins (01-11-2018),poorman1 (01-11-2018)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    https://youtu.be/1xTsDJzn2uA
    hi sir ichabodcrane here is a dash cam footage with audio of my mirage 2016 wine red gls/cvt can you confirm if this is the same sound you are hearing? i can also feel vibrations on the steering wheel. if you could kindly listen to it using headphones/earphones
    thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Dropped my car off at dealership Monday afternoon. They're going to launch an all out investigation of the car including underbody mounted microphones to find the rattle.
    I'm told 3 levels of Mitsu are involved now and the car will remain with dealer until a cause and resolution are found.
    We have decided on directing all efforts toward me being able to keep this car rather than buying me into another Mitsubishi product or another brand's product.
    The reason being I love my car and it's the only vehicle that meets my needs regarding economy and creature comforts/options.
    For all the bad press there's really nothing else out there that matches the Mirage for economy/options/warranty in one package.
    Fingers crossed..
    Have you and all 3 levels of Mitsubishi checked the cup holder for coins or maybe old stale candy corn?
    How about a pen in the glove box?

Just trying to think of all possibilities lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-15-2018),poorman1 (01-15-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hah! Nope.
    Just a quick catch up..
    They gave my car back on Friday. They told me how they traced the rattle to a bracket on emergency brake and they cushioned it with urethane adhesive. How "they" (including general manager) drove the car many times and are certain the rattle is gone but I should run it for the weekend to be sure. They would call Monday (today) to verify their success.
    I got in the car and drove less than 20 min before confirming the rattle is fully present and accounted for! Stifling an unwelcome mix of disappointment and rage I simply went home.
    Drove to work this morning, verified the rattle's presence and my ability to duplicate it at will, then waited for dealership's call.
    At 3:00pm my phone rang but I sent it to voice mail. At 3:30pm my shift ended and I headed straight to dealership. Upon arrival I was heartily greeted by service manager. I then relayed my findings and my opinion of said resolution. In a minute or two I was accompanied by a service tech who had not yet driven/ridden in my car and so had not yet formed a bias. We drove 200ft out to a back lane turned left, 100ft to stop sign where I muted the radio, turned left and headed to the main st bordering dealership. Within 200ft at light acceleration hitting the 1600-1700rpm zone the rattle presented loud and clear. I looked over at tech and this exchange followed..
    "did u hear that"?
    "yeah, I did".
    "Do I need to drive any further?"
    "No, that will do it".
    I then turned left into the adjoining Acura dealership driveway to Mitsu service entrance and started this nightmare all over again.
    The tech and I literally drove around the Acura dealer showroom, far less than around the block to prove their work null and void. How is it then that several of this dealership's "best" deemed my car fixed after many miles of testing?!
    I'm literally stunned. I cannot believe this BS is not purposeful. It's as if they're playing me in the hope that I will lose heart and just go away.
    I'm really riding the ragged edge of civility at this point. It's hard to function daily with this much anger.
    Regardless, I'm in a loaner again. They can drive "the rattler" for awhile.
    No end in sight.
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 01-16-2018 at 03:13 AM.
    Will weld for beer.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-16-2018),Fummins (01-16-2018),MetroMPG (01-16-2018),Pryme (01-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't wait to finally read that magical post with the cause of this rattle. I'm excited and let down each time so far! But one day, we wil all scream from the roof tops

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-16-2018)