Thread: Just got a $9700 estimate from a bodyshop!

Just got a $9700 estimate from a bodyshop!

Today we had a 17' mirage e

Last edited by Fummins; 11-07-2021 at 03:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Today we had a 17' mirage get backed into by a 5ton truck...
    ...quote shows $3600 labour, $5000 parts and $1000 for additional costs...and they want the car for 2 weeks
    Wow...gotta see some pics of that damage...especially with no airbags deployed!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol @ $9700, if that was the market price for body parts and labor the insurance company would have just called it a total loss.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Find another body shop. Seriously.

Mitsubishi parts are always more expensive than average, and they always take longer to get. But that is ridiculous.

cash settlement

My brother's car (not a Mirage) was just smacked on the driver's side front corner - less damage than that - and he was quoted $3k. (100% other driver's fault.) Nothing actually broke, no airbags, nothing structural. The plastic bumper cover is pushed in & has a small crack, parking light popped out, front quarter panel (plastic) is warped a small amount, but not creased or scraped.

I convinced him to take the payout (2/3 of the bodyshop quote). And he did - after having an alignment done and a tie rod replaced to ensure the front end was not affected.

We'll fix his pushed in bumper cover, panel & light when the weather warms up. The remainder will go into a future repairs/car replacement fund.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    My brother's car (not a Mirage) was just smacked on the driver's side front corner - less damage than that - and he was quoted $3k. (100% other driver's fault.) Nothing actually broke, no airbags, nothing structural. The plastic bumper cover is pushed in & has a small crack, parking light popped out, front quarter panel (plastic) is warped a small amount, but not creased or scraped.

I convinced him to take the payout (2/3 of the bodyshop quote). And he did - after having an alignment done and a tie rod replaced to ensure the front end was not affected.

We'll fix his pushed in bumper cover, panel & light when the weather warms up. The remainder will go into a future repairs/car replacement fund.
    Yeah its amazing how easily cars break down. My brother's two door early 2000's Honda Civic got hit on the headlight and something important broke....the insurance company said it would be more expensive to fix than to buy a new car. Mind you this Civic was probably the best condition you could find one in.

So what'd he do?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    So what'd he do?
    He got cash from the Insurance company and bought a Scion TC.