Thread: Mirage Vs Spark Vs Yaris Vs Scion Iq Vs Smart Vs anything!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage Vs Spark Vs Yaris Vs Scion Iq Vs Smart Vs anything!

Since I work at a car dealer, I have the unique ability to test all of these sub compact cars.

If you have questions about the differences between them, I can answer them. Please note that this is just a comparison. I am in no way promoting sales. I will not tell you which dealership I work for.

I bought the Mirage, but I have tried or have on hand:

- Spark
    - Yaris
    - Fiat 500
    - Mini
    - Smart
    - Fiesta
    - IQ / IA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CigMirage For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    We all know the Mirage is the best car to own. If it's a question of driving fun, what's your preference - which one do you like? I would guess the Mini followed by either the Yaris or the 500, but I don't know your take.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think the Mini is a fair comparison due to price difference. Based on what I've read on the new Toyota iA and personal experience with a 2011 Mazda2, I'd say it would be the most 'fun' car of the bunch when comparing cars in the same class.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am very suprised how many people I've seen looking at my mirage whether it be to laugh or intrigued. Either way I don't care as I'm driving by all the gas stations and am not paying a ton for the car.
    I had a guy in a big diesel truck ask about the car and what mileage it got. He seems impressed.

I've only seen one other mirage ever in my area and never seen it again so I think my wife and I have the only ones around. We have a local mitsubishi dealer but they seem to never even have a mirage in Stock. I like having rare cars though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Of this group, I have owned the Mini and Yaris iA. I have also test driven the newest Spark, the 500 (Abarth) as well as the Mirage sedan and hatchback. All are good cars, all have merits. All different pricing, and incentives. The Abarth was more fun than the base Mini 3 cyl turbo. These 2 are highest on the pricing scale. For me the iA manual transmission would be next most fun car, then the Spark with a manual transmission. Then the Mirage. Never drove the Smart for 2. Never drove the base Fiesta, I have driven the Fiesta ST, not a bad little car but it can approach $25,000. If you want cheap thrills, Fiat lowered the prices of the 500 and 500 Abarth....You can now get an Abarth for $19,995. Then with negotiations and rebate etc it is around 18k.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IwantaMirage For This Useful Post:

Ranny (03-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by CigMirage View Post
    I bought the Mirage, but I have tried or have on hand:
    I'd like to know what your 2nd & 3rd choice was, and why.

Based solely on reviews, I think I'd be most interested in the IA after the Mirage. Supposedly it drives very well, and fuel economy with the stick can be very good, as we've heard from members here.

Too bad it only comes in sedan form in North America.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)