Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 54.8mpg avg today!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT View Post
    Replaced my fast key remote battery after two years of usage on my 2015 ES with CVT. Replaced batteries in both remotes for $6.75 each at dealer.
    Why did you replace both? My other remote is just sitting with my other back up keys not getting used, it should be good awhile.

Good to know you got 2 years. The battery is a CR2032 I believe I read. They sell them in 4 packs for 3.89 at harbor freight. In a year or so I'll pick up a pack and keep a couple in mine and my wife's glove box.

On a side note, I have hit 61.4 now on my normal in town commute.

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Why did you replace both? My other remote is just sitting with my other back up keys not getting used, it should be good awhile.

Good to know you got 2 years. The battery is a CR2032 I believe I read. They sell them in 4 packs for 3.89 at harbor freight. In a year or so I'll pick up a pack and keep a couple in mine and my wife's glove box.

On a side note, I have hit 61.4 now on my normal in town commute.
    Service manager told me even though back up key not used, it is constantly emitting a weak signal so it activate/unlock car key.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Service manager told me even though back up key not used, it is constantly emitting a weak signal so it activate/unlock car key.
    Interesting - I didn't know this. I know when I unlock my door the fob light blinks on. Upon pressing my door button, I would expect the vehicle security system would send out a signal asking the fob for the security code and in turn, the fob replies. I would not expect the darn key to be constantly emitting the code... However, the vehicle security system will notify when the fob is removed from the passenger compartment and the engine is running.

So what do I know...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have to doubt what he told you. If it's not near the car i.e. in a drawer in your house, it won't do anything. A quick voltage reading would confirm it. Oh well.