Thread: My wife getting a Mirage as a rental today.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My wife getting a Mirage as a rental today.

My wife has to take a 176 mile road trip for work on Wednesday. I hate putting the unnecessary wear on my cars so usually we rent for for such an event. While they won't pay rental in that trip because the trip is under 200 miles she should stilll make money due to gas mileage.

Well the rental car place is in the same building as the Mitsubishi dealer. For the lowest tear she'll be getting a Mirage of some sort (not sure if it's a hatchback or G4). She obviously doesn't care because we love our Mirage, it's better than taking my Fusion honestly. I'm hoping it's a G4. I'd like to get the gas mileage on one.

Knowing my luck it will be a hatchback.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I would like to rent a Mirage some day just to see what it's like to drive a CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I would like to rent a Mirage some day just to see what it's like to drive a CVT.
    I can tell you. It sucks! I really wish I would have gotten a manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The CVT works well for me. I don't have the patience to endlessly shift gears anymore, like I used to.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    The CVT works well for me. I don't have the patience to endlessly shift gears anymore, like I used to.
    Same, too many hills around here make it a pain for manuals. Also I am not the best driver right when I wake up(nearly equivalent to someone who is tipsy), so manuals are a no for me.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

The local Enterprise used to have a (one) Mirage in its fleet, but I haven't seen it around since last year.

man114 - let us know what you get.

Even if it's a 2017 hatch, you'll be able to compare the NVH, handling & steering improvements to your 2015.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We ended up having to get a Camry. My dad decided to come as he is retiring soon so I decided to road trip it with him while my wife was at the meeting and hit up some stores, he's gotta burn through sick time like mad before June.

I kind of hoped to test a G4 but it didn't happen. The Camry has awful seats. I thought my Fusion has awful seats!

I am going to have to test drive a 2017 soon. The thing is I like the 2015. It has a detached feel with a soft ride. The thing is having owned 2 Crown Vics and 3 Grand Marquis you get used to a detached driving experience. By the time we returned home the bumps were becoming annoying, I told him the Mirage rode better the seats were more comfortable and was longing for my 83 Grand Marquis. I told him I'd rather feel like I'm on a couch and hear the bumps hit the tires as oppose to feeeling them.

I'd liked to have tried a new 2017 Mirage but it didn't happen.

Our dealer has some 2016 outlanders till and my wife is really up on getting one somif we hit it up I may test drive the G4 and such just for the heck of it but it'll probably be a few weeks.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You should get the new Eclipse Cross when it comes out.

Regarding the Camry and Fusion seats.... I find that Sedans have the worst seating positions for me. I'm 6'3 but once you hit at least 5'11" people should strongly consider hatchbacks, trucks, crossovers, and SUVs. Even my mother praises my Mirage for its seating position and how much groceries I can fit in it.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    sorry to hijack the thread but I just test drove the 17 G4 and I must say its a huge improvement. The side to side body motion is gone but it still does lean. It feels now more like the versa S. The tires are loud and the engine a tad odd sounding in comparison to my old 14 DE. Maybe that I had the manual. One thing that I love is the seat. I am 5.11 and most new cars have the headrest way to forward and it makes my chin point towards my chest. Even my Yaris iA(mazda2) has it and it make me have chest pain. The versa was great for the seating too but the G4 beats it by 5 percent.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to remusrm For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-31-2017)