Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advantages of Hatch Vs. G4 or vice versa?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I test drove both before buying the hatch.

I like the front end look of the G4 better and the added rear legroom (which is downright spacious). However, the non-folding rear seat was the deal-breaker. The hatch also handles better if not as smooth as the G4.

(blank signature)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    for me I think that really depends on the user.

I chose the hatch since I mostly use it to send my wife at the office and at times when we go out with my in-laws. Also I chose the hatch because of this
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ini-cargo-van)

the only first thing to change once you got a hatch is the rear springs and shocks. but not sure with the newer hatches mine is a 2015. Then, add some car top carrier hehe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    the only first thing to change once you got a hatch is the rear springs and shocks. but not sure with the newer hatches mine is a 2015.
    Various forum members have gotten creative and used springs from other cars, and of course there are some aftermarket options. However, I haven't found another set of shocks yet. What would you use?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Various forum members have gotten creative and used springs from other cars, and of course there are some aftermarket options. However, I haven't found another set of shocks yet. What would you use?
    been using a Suzuki Swift springs for morethan a year now. never did I encountered again that my hatch bottoms out. I don't know why they prefer the Jazz springs over the Swift but users of the Jazz springs says it was too stiff. I didn't even changed the shocks still using the OEM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-02-2017),MetroMPG (04-05-2017)