Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Help me customize my 2015 Mirage please!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Bigger is a term with several meanings. When it comes to tires, most tire shops are reluctant to deviate from the overall diameter from the factory. If I understand correctly, this has to do with speedometer error. Wider tires can keep a similar overall diameter, and depending on the width will require new rims. It seems there are more options in 15" & 16" tires than 14".

But what I don't understand is you keep saying you don't have a lot of money right at the moment. Why don't you just drive it as is and see how it goes? Take your time in figuring out what you want to change out, within your budget. Plan & save for big, expensive modifications. In the meantime, be glad you don't have to ask for a ride! Now you can be the chauffeur lol.
    I have 100 dollars roughly to do small mods now then I will have a job over the summer that should net about 3000 by the end of the summer and that's when I'll be making most changes I'm just looking to change small stuff for now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Please do not do the hood scoop. I tried it before as well just to see how I would like it and after about 2 weeks I was over it.
    Sell it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScallyWags View Post
    I have 100 dollars roughly to do small mods now then I will have a job over the summer that should net about 3000 by the end of the summer and that's when I'll be making most changes I'm just looking to change small stuff for now.
    Save that money for your routine service and take the time to learn how to change the oil & brakes. Be sure to read the threads on eco mods - maybe get an OBDII scanner...

Soon, you'll need a new set of tires - by then you'll have a good idea of what direction you'll take this. You might even stumble across an unbelievable bargain in either new or used gear.

I like the Thunder Gray - it would have been my second choice. It'll be pretty cool to see where you go with this. Be sure to post about it - and moar pictures plz.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Save that money for your routine service and take the time to learn how to change the oil & brakes. Be sure to read the threads on eco mods - maybe get an OBDII scanner...

Soon, you'll need a new set of tires - by then you'll have a good idea of what direction you'll take this. You might even stumble across an unbelievable bargain in either new or used gear.

I like the Thunder Gray - it would have been my second choice. It'll be pretty cool to see where you go with this. Be sure to post about it - and moar pictures plz.
    The second I add to it I promise I'll post some more pics

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Wheels and lights were the first things I did to my mirage. The dealer installed my sparcos as a free add on because they screwed me a little when I bought it (story for another time). The rear lights I got on eBay for about $250, super easy to install. Projector headlights take a little more effort because you have to make them but I think they make a world of difference to the front end of the car and make it more aggressive looking. There's a good guide on the headlights here: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ector-Retrofit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooter For This Useful Post:

ScallyWags (04-04-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Wheels and lights were the first things I did to my mirage. The dealer installed my sparcos as a free add on because they screwed me a little when I bought it (story for another time). The rear lights I got on eBay for about $250, super easy to install. Projector headlights take a little more effort because you have to make them but I think they make a world of difference to the front end of the car and make it more aggressive looking. There's a good guide on the headlights here: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ector-Retrofit
    the lights really dont bother me and i really dont need new wheels so im just going to do hub caps and spray paint

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Spray painting hubcaps? My first time hearing that.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Scooter (04-04-2017)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Have you thought about just taking the hubcaps off and just going black steelies? Zero cost and you'll have black wheels.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooter For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (04-04-2017)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Black wheels do look better than hubcaps.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Spray painting hubcaps? My first time hearing that.
    Didn't mean spray paint and I was typing fast cuz I was in class lol I meant just getting black hub caps