Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me customize my 2015 Mirage please!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    My best advice would be to start cheap and then see how you like your mirage looks. Then going more advanced. I started with Mudflaps, plastidip emblems, back loading scuff plate, and then roof rack. Only recently have I been buying expensive parts for my car.
    I plan on starting wth smaller stuff in my opinion because in the future I want subwoofers and a new exhaust but for now these are the things I want in my new thread : http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...8108#post58108

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Be sure to read the forum introduction page: Welcome to MirageForum!

Check out the forum's Fuel Economy Log where you'll see that some Mirage owners get average fuel economy numbers in the upper 60 mpgs.

Here is more reading for modification ideas.
    Fuel Economy / Gas Mileage Sticky Index (look here for good info)
    Mirage aero mods for better fuel economy: 4.5% improvement @ 90 km/h / 56 mph
    Suggestions for tame eco-mods?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Please do not do the hood scoop. I tried it before as well just to see how I would like it and after about 2 weeks I was over it. Not only did it not fit the hood perfectly (so it looks cheesy), it reduced gas mileage as well. Cosmetic changes are ok if you have a specific type of look you are going for and stick to it but things like scoops are just a waste of money. Any money you spend should be going towards wheels and tires first. Not only will they make it look better but make it feel a lot better as well. I just switched out my winter tires (factory ones) for my summer wheels and tires and the difference is night and day. Scour craigslist and find yourself a deal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-03-2017),Marklovski (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Please do not do the hood scoop. I tried it before as well just to see how I would like it and after about 2 weeks I was over it. Not only did it not fit the hood perfectly (so it looks cheesy), it reduced gas mileage as well. Cosmetic changes are ok if you have a specific type of look you are going for and stick to it but things like scoops are just a waste of money. Any money you spend should be going towards wheels and tires first. Not only will they make it look better but make it feel a lot better as well. I just switched out my winter tires (factory ones) for my summer wheels and tires and the difference is night and day. Scour craigslist and find yourself a deal.
    THank you I'm just trying to make it more cosmetically appealing and Idk why people say new tries what's the difference between the ones I have now and different ones? I'm sorry I'm not good at this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ScallyWags View Post
    THank you I'm just trying to make it more cosmetically appealing and Idk why people say new tries what's the difference between the ones I have now and different ones? I'm sorry I'm not good at this.
    Well, if you get new wheels you will need new tires. Then you can save the factory ones to drive around on in the winter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, if you get new wheels you will need new tires. Then you can save the factory ones to drive around on in the winter.
    Bigger wheels or same size wheels just a different look?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is up to you. You can get the same size but it really does not solve the problem of the car not looking aggressive. To me the factory wheels look sucked in and it almost looks like the car sucked on a lemon. Look around at some of the Mirages on here. You will see that the biggest change in the way the car looks has to do with the wheels. They do not have to be anything huge (in fact huge wheels will not fit without modifications). There are some really nice looking 15 inch wheels that people have on their cars on here and they will not require you to make other changes to the suspension and so on but still give you a nicer, more aggressive look. Some 15 inch wheels and some nicely tinted windows will make a world of difference.
    Last edited by Gnarles2; 04-03-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Bigger is a term with several meanings. When it comes to tires, most tire shops are reluctant to deviate from the overall diameter from the factory. If I understand correctly, this has to do with speedometer error. Wider tires can keep a similar overall diameter, and depending on the width will require new rims. It seems there are more options in 15" & 16" tires than 14".

But what I don't understand is you keep saying you don't have a lot of money right at the moment. Why don't you just drive it as is and see how it goes? Take your time in figuring out what you want to change out, within your budget. Plan & save for big, expensive modifications. In the meantime, be glad you don't have to ask for a ride! Now you can be the chauffeur lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes exactly. Budget modifications just look like budget modifications. For someone on a limited budget, the car is fine the way it is.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is up to you. You can get the same size but it really does not solve the problem of the car not looking aggressive. To me the factory wheels look sucked in and it almost looks like the car sucked on a lemon. Look around at some of the Mirages on here. You will see that the biggest change in the way the car looks has to do with the wheels. They do not have to be anything huge (in fact huge wheels will not fit without modifications). There are some really nice looking 15 inch wheels that people have on their cars on here and they will not require you to make other changes to the suspension and so on but still give you a nicer, more aggressive look. Some 15 inch wheels and some nicely tinted windows will make a world of difference.
    What about a simple hub cap change to conserve money?