Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me customize my 2015 Mirage please!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Help me customize my 2015 Mirage DE please!

My car is a gray 2015 mirage and its super basic and i need stuff to make it look better.
    I was just wondering where I could get things such as:
    • A Scoop
    • Rim color and general color ideas
    • Ideas for car design in general because i have no clue

Last edited by ScallyWags; 04-02-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got a picture of your car?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! Please post a pic of your Mirage when you have a chance, Members have done a lot of customization large and small. Using the "search" function in the upper right hand corner of the webpage can help you look. Here is at least one area to start

http://mirageforum.com/forum/forumdi...amp-Suspension

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Got a picture of your car?
    to be honest just look up a 2015 gray mirage its just the factory model in gray

here's a link to a google pic of exactly what it looks like : https://www.google.com/search?q=2015...OoXLnbfFlE2SM:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Every Mirage needs new wheels/tires and window tint to start...in my opinion...

Name:  Side.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  58.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Every Mirage needs new wheels/tires and window tint to start...in my opinion...

Name:  Side.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  58.7 KB
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  92.2 KB

Heres a pic of the car i know its a bad pic but i dont wanna go outside currently lol. Anyways, i don't have a ton of money currently so i have no idea how expensive it would be to get a correct tint done and i dont know what i would want to get the rims colored as because i want to repaint the car but i have no idea if theres any good car painting shops around or what color i would want the car or the rims to be even if i had the money to do anything to the car.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't repaint the car. Thats extremely costly. You could probably carbon fiber wrap some parts of the car. Like the hood, roof, mirrors, etc. Painting your car should be the last thing on your mind.

In terms of steps you should do to your car it would be:

- Rims and Tires
    - Window Tint
    - Any exterior or interior parts you want (Window Visors, mudflaps, Armrest, floor mats, etc)
    - Suspension ( coilovers, springs, airlift)
    - Engine mods
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScallyWags View Post
    to be honest just look up a 2015 gray mirage its just the factory model in gray
    Hello ScallyWags and welcome to the forum.

It might be helpful to know that the Mirage is a car sold around the world, and we have members in many different countries here. In 2015, there were three trim levels to the Mitusubishi Mirage sold in the United States market.

1. DE Base level, yet quite well equipped with power steering, mirrors, & windows, Anti-Skid control, automatic climate control, USB & Aux radio inputs, a Multi-Information meter Display (MID) that shows fuel consumption, and many other features.
    2. RF Same as the DE with a Rockford Fosgate amp, speakers, & subwoofer. Sold only with a CVT, it also includes cruise control, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, and alloy wheels.
    3. ES Top trim level includes all options of the DE with cruise, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, F.A.S.T. key system which includes push-button start, fog lights, and turn signals built in to the side mirrors. It has the option of adding a navigation system and rearview camera system.

Sorry for a long and dreadful post but please understand that knowing what you have can help us all in suggesting modifications. Consider making a garage entry and tell us more about yourself and your Mirage.

Garage empty: add car

There you can add some photos, keep track of your progress as you make your Mirage your own, and share with the rest of us. We can follow along and help you avoid mistakes that others have made. For an example, visit the garage entry for my car. A link to it can be found to the left of this post.

Since you are only beginning your time here it would help to better introduce yourself and take some more time to discuss your thoughts and wishes for your Mirage.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you have a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE in Thunder Gray with a CVT. A mod that several have done is adding cruise control. It takes some mechanical & electrical aptitude, some hardware such as switches and another steering wheel (some have had success using a donor from an Outlander, sometimes with modifications.) Then, enable the appropriate options in your Mirage computer system.

If you are only interested in appearance, Top Fuel has a point that a new set of wheels can make a big difference in appearance and performance. Before beginning that adventure, be sure to get your alignment checked. In fact, get it checked anyway. It was shared with me that some shops offer free alignment checks. Read this thread for more details: Rear Wheel Misaligned?

You might want to keep in mind that the Mirage is not built for great acceleration or handling. It's best performance feature is economy - it is inexpensive to purchase, inexpensive to operate. Trying to make it a race car can become an expensive venture, and the money might be better spent on a car built for speed.

Again, welcome! We'll do our best to help out.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-02-2017 at 07:55 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Don't repaint the car. Thats extremely costly. You could probably carbon fiber wrap some parts of the car. Like the hood, roof, mirrors, etc. Painting your car should be the last thing on your mind.

In terms of steps you should do to your car it would be:

- Rims and Tires
    - Window Tint
    - Any exterior or interior parts you want (Window Visors, mudflaps, Armrest, floor mats, etc)
    - Suspension ( coilovers, springs, airlift)
    - Engine mods
    Upgrading the car is an issue due to the costs of that, i wouldn't no the first thing about suspension or what to do with it because im awful with mechanical things, and i like the idea of changing the rims, idk what people mean by different tires (bigger ones?) and i really wanna focus on the exterior because even if i dont repaint it something needs to be done about how ugly the car is visually. I like the car a lot and im excited for what it COULD look like but currently im not a fan of its looks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello ScallyWags and welcome to the forum.

It might be helpful to know that the Mirage is a car sold around the world, and we have members in many different countries here. There are three trim levels to the Mitusubishi Mirage sold in the United States market.

1. DE Base level, yet quite well equipped with power steering, mirrors, & windows, Anti-Skid control, automatic climate control, USB & Aux radio inputs, a Multi-Information meter Display (MID) that shows fuel consumption, and many other features.
    2. RF Same as the DE with a Rockford Fosgate amp, speakers, & subwoofer. Sold only with a CVT, it also includes cruise control, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, and alloy wheels.
    3. ES Top trim level includes all options of the DE with cruise, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, F.A.S.T. key system which includes push-button start, fog lights, and turn signals built in to the side mirrors. It has the option of adding a navigation system and rearview camera system.

Sorry for a long and dreadful post but please understand that knowing what you have can help us all in suggesting modifications. Consider making a garage entry and tell us more about yourself and your Mirage.

Garage empty: add car

There you can add some photos, keep track of your progress as you make your Mirage your own, and share with the rest of us. We can follow along and help you avoid mistakes that others have made. For an example, visit the garage entry for my car. A link to it can be found to the left of this post.

Since you are only beginning your time here it would help to better introduce yourself and take some more time to discuss your thoughts and wishes for your Mirage.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you have a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE in Thunder Gray with a CVT. A mod that several have done is adding cruise control. It takes some mechanical & electrical aptitude, some hardware such as switches and another steering wheel (some have had success using a donor from an Outlander, sometimes with modifications.) Then, enable the appropriate options in your Mirage computer system.

If you are only interested in appearance, Top Fuel has a point that a new set of wheels can make a big difference in appearance and performance. Before beginning that adventure, be sure to get your alignment checked. In fact, get it checked anyway. It was shared with me that some shops offer free alignment checks. Read this thread for more details: Rear Wheel Misaligned?

You might want to keep in mind that the Mirage is not built for great acceleration or handling. It's best performance feature is economy - it is inexpensive to purchase, inexpensive to operate. Trying to make it a race car can become an expensive venture, and the money might be better spent on a car built for speed.

Again, welcome! We'll do our best to help out.
    I know it might not be the best car to customize but it was bought for me without any notice and it was given to me as a "surprise" which pretty much means i have no room to be ungrateful but i am not a fan of how feminine and unappealing the design of the car is to me that why im looking to make as many changes as i can to make people not as unappealing to look at. The more i got thinking into it though i noticed how much potential mirages have especially scouring this forum so i pretty much just want to make the best of the situation im in and try to make this car something decent without breaking my wallet.