Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me customize my 2015 Mirage please!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also see you have mudflaps and deflectors, should i get both of those too or maybe without the mudflaps? idk. im pretty sure last i checked mud flaps run a lot of money but seem to look alright, do they really serve a purpose on this car? I have never had deflectors before but im interested in them on this car due to looks and i hear they are very useful.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  wide wheel well mirage.jpg
Views: 4463
Size:  50.3 KB

any idea how hard it would be to do this anyone? the widened wheel wells or whatever the termanology is, or if theres a more simple way of doing that? any suggestions?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ScallyWags View Post
    like i said im dumb so whats the purpose of the airlift? Makes the suspension better so the ride is more comfortable?

And i cant afford this lol
    Airlift is made to increase your load weight so the back doesn't sag. Also increases towing limit but I wouldnt recommend towing. I bought it because I didn't want to deal with new springs and it stops the seasaw affect from the soft back springs.

You can't afford a $550 set up but want to repaint your car? You could probably repaint your car for 300-800$ but a decent paint job is around $2000-3000....

I also see you have mudflaps and deflectors, should i get both of those too or maybe without the mudflaps? idk. im pretty sure last i checked mud flaps run a lot of money but seem to look alright, do they really serve a purpose on this car? I have never had deflectors before but im interested in them on this car due to looks and i hear they are very useful.
    Mudflaps on mine are universal and are only $15, however there are very few choices on color for that price. Mudflaps generally protect the paint on the bottom near the wheel arches and stop rocks from being shot at others.
    http://www.rallyarmor.com/index.php/...rh28p6dug7hun5

I would get the genuine window visors because it has double sided tape and brackets that go inside the door. Right now the Price is $66, I would get them now since I paid around $80-90 a few years back.
    https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-MITSUBISHI-MIRAGE-SHIELD-MZ562854EX/dp/B00FH1AW4G/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1491178381&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=mitsubishi+mirage+2015+visor

any idea how hard it would be to do this anyone? the widened wheel wells or whatever the termanology is, or if theres a more simple way of doing that? any suggestions?
    Oh boy....thats probably what I'm going to do in a few years time. That mirage is a completely custom redesigned rally going car. The wheels are probably 17"s. You can buy a white rally bodykit for probably several thousand. The suspension is custom towers to fit EVO X suspension (thousands of dollars), its also all wheel drive which is about $8,000-10,000 to convert FWD to AWD.

Use a bat to roll your fenders if thats what you're trying to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZEgi-Fa6Hw
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Name:  wide wheel well mirage.jpg
Views: 4463
Size:  50.3 KB

The fender flares and spoiler are part of a WRC (World Rally Championship) kit. Quite expensive. The wheels are OZ Racing 16x7 WRC rims. Forged aluminum, very strong but expensive and not that light. The rest of the car is pretty much custom fabrication for everything else (engine, transmission, suspension, braking, roll cage etc...). Average WRC car is well over $100k in costs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-03-2017),ScallyWags (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Mudflaps on mine are universal and are only $15, however there are very few choices on color for that price. Mudflaps generally protect the paint on the bottom near the wheel arches and stop rocks from being shot at others.
    15 for all 4 or 15 each?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The fender flares and spoiler are part of a WRC (World Rally Championship) kit. Quite expensive. The wheels are OZ Racing 16x7 WRC rims. Forged aluminum, very strong but expensive and not that light. The rest of the car is pretty much custom fabrication for everything else (engine, transmission, suspension, braking, roll cage etc...). Average WRC car is well over $100k in costs.
    ya i wasnt saying i wanted exactly those, im saying is there cheaper alternative like a addon wheel fender type of deal.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    15 for all 4 or 15 each?
    All prices is for 4 mudflaps. So $15 for 4. Not $15 each.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    All prices is for 4 mudflaps. So $15 for 4. Not $15 each.
    Sweet thanks, is it a hard install?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You have to drill the holes yourself. There are two holes for each and there are screws already on your car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My best advice would be to start cheap and then see how you like your mirage looks. Then going more advanced. I started with Mudflaps, plastidip emblems, back loading scuff plate, and then roof rack. Only recently have I been buying expensive parts for my car.