Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: My hopes for my car (NEED FEEDBACK PLEASE!)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    My hopes for my car (NEED FEEDBACK PLEASE!)

    I have a 2015 Mirage DE

    I'm looking to do the following things and need input if there is any other better alternatives or not.



    If any of you have any better alternatives for any of these items I would like to add to my car please share as long as they are of reasonable price.



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    629
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 306 Times in 183 Posts
    Everything is subective of course, but I have the same deflectors and they work well. Some like the clip in style, but these one double-stick tape on and hold well.

    Hood scoop, nah, always disliked, but that's me.

    RallyArmor flaps... Do you like the look instead of just going OEM?

    Tint. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262895236580
    I however spent the extra $100 and had it professionally done.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

    ScallyWags (04-03-2017)

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Everything is subective of course, but I have the same deflectors and they work well. Some like the clip in style, but these one double-stick tape on and hold well.

    Hood scoop, nah, always disliked, but that's me.

    RallyArmor flaps... Do you like the look instead of just going OEM?

    Tint. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262895236580
    I however spent the extra $100 and had it professionally done.
    Most people say no to the hood scoop, I prefer tape deflectors even though I haven't tried just because they are 40 dollars less. I like the look of the flaps but Idk yet and idk what OEM is ��, and thank you for the tint link.

  5. #4
    Senior Member MightyMirageMpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    wi
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    326
    Thanked 206 Times in 128 Posts
    I would personally not put a forward facing scoop on the hood.

    It looks like it would be a negative modification functionally, because it would just be a brick the air has too move around.

    I think i would look at cowl induction style scoops, because they would be functional. Not in the sense your thinking (more power cut a hole in my hood so much air!) But it would functionally block the biggest disruption of air flow... The BIG APPOSING WALL off a windshield wiper that disrupts the smooth airflow...

    So yes put the hood scoop on! Just make sure it faces backward and its tight to the hood with smooth transitions! Then come back and brag because your mpg went up

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

    ScallyWags (04-03-2017)

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
    Precutautotint.com is where I got my tint from. The tint comes precut based on your car. Everything was cut perfectly and went on pretty painless besides the back glass (user error). I reccommend taking your door panels off when doing the tint.

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Minnesota
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 50 Times in 28 Posts
    Deflectors, I would get the 3M double-sided tape and install it myself. Did it for my previous rides and never had any issues with them. Removing it, it'll will take some work though.

    Hood scoop, I wouldn't do it. I agree with what MightyMirageMpg said about that modification.

    Mud flaps, definitely in plans for me as it would really help during the winter! Heck, I might even get those. I've seen somewhere on these forums about making these mudflaps fit.

    Window tints, I'd pay the extra $100-150 for it to be professionally done. I had a previous car where the owner did the tint themselves and it was bubbling SO bad.

    All around, you've got a good list. Keep us updated

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 45.1 mpg (US) ... 19.2 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

    ScallyWags (04-03-2017)

  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    I would personally not put a forward facing scoop on the hood.

    It looks like it would be a negative modification functionally, because it would just be a brick the air has too move around.

    I think i would look at cowl induction style scoops, because they would be functional. Not in the sense your thinking (more power cut a hole in my hood so much air!) But it would functionally block the biggest disruption of air flow... The BIG APPOSING WALL off a windshield wiper that disrupts the smooth airflow...

    So yes put the hood scoop on! Just make sure it faces backward and its tight to the hood with smooth transitions! Then come back and brag because your mpg went up
    Cowl scoop on a Mirage? That's a total muscle car scoop lol

  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Deflectors, I would get the 3M double-sided tape and install it myself. Did it for my previous rides and never had any issues with them. Removing it, it'll will take some work though.

    Hood scoop, I wouldn't do it. I agree with what MightyMirageMpg said about that modification.

    Mud flaps, definitely in plans for me as it would really help during the winter! Heck, I might even get those. I've seen somewhere on these forums about making these mudflaps fit.

    Window tints, I'd pay the extra $100-150 for it to be professionally done. I had a previous car where the owner did the tint themselves and it was bubbling SO bad.

    All around, you've got a good list. Keep us updated
    I absolutely will! Thanks for the input!

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggypooper View Post
    Precutautotint.com is where I got my tint from. The tint comes precut based on your car. Everything was cut perfectly and went on pretty painless besides the back glass (user error). I reccommend taking your door panels off when doing the tint.
    You have any issues or should I get it done professionally?

  13. #10
    Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 88 Times in 64 Posts
    Do you have a friend that knows how to tint? If you tint the car yourself you will find yourself will lots of bubbles.... I always go to my older brother to put decals on my car because he is the sticker master. Somethings you shouldn't really do yourself.


    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •