Thread: Do you guys leave your ipod/mp3 plugged in?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Do you guys leave your ipod/mp3 plugged in?

So I have 3 iPod nanos of different years and have been just leaving one plugged into my car 24/7. No issues at all.

I have not looked but I'm guessing power is cut to the usb after the car is turned off. I will check today.

So, do you?

Also, I wish there was a way to scroll through song's on the iPod via steering wheel?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just have a big USB flash drive plugged in and left in the glove compartment. That works great for me. I'm guessing power shuts off when it's powered off. Shouldn't be a problem leaving it plugged in all the time, just keep it hidden.

I've got a 2015 ES, so it does pretty nicely with voice commands. Me: "Play Artist Treacherous Orchestra." Car: "Did you mean <robot voice>Treacherous Orchestra</robot>?" Me: "Yes."

Sometimes, I'll get bored. Me: "Play Artist <insert nonsensical noise here>." Car: "Did you mean <robot voice>name of artist I haven't listened to in awhile</robot voice>?" Me: "Yes." Good as random.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-03-2017),Pryme (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    I just have a big USB flash drive plugged in and left in the glove compartment. That works great for me. I'm guessing power shuts off when it's powered off. Shouldn't be a problem leaving it plugged in all the time, just keep it hidden.

I've got a 2015 ES, so it does pretty nicely with voice commands. Me: "Play Artist Treacherous Orchestra." Car: "Did you mean <robot voice>Treacherous Orchestra</robot>?" Me: "Yes."

Sometimes, I'll get bored. Me: "Play Artist <insert nonsensical noise here>." Car: "Did you mean <robot voice>name of artist I haven't listened to in awhile</robot voice>?" Me: "Yes." Good as random.
    Oh so it works with voice command? So you just hit the button on the steering wheel when usb is playing your flash drive?
    I have a 2017 SE and have used voice command to text people.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe? Your manual would say for sure, or perhaps someone with a 2017. The 2015s and 2017s have totally different radios. And the 2015 DE is like a 2017 ES, and a 2015 ES is like a 2017 SE. Perhaps not the smartest trim level scheme change by Mitsubishi. But if you can use voice commands to text people (something I can't do in my 2015 ES), it would surprise me if you couldn't do some voice commands with music as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    Maybe? Your manual would say for sure, or perhaps someone with a 2017. The 2015s and 2017s have totally different radios. And the 2015 DE is like a 2017 ES, and a 2015 ES is like a 2017 SE. Perhaps not the smartest trim level scheme change by Mitsubishi. But if you can use voice commands to text people (something I can't do in my 2015 ES), it would surprise me if you couldn't do some voice commands with music as well.
    Cool, sounds good. I will experiment with it.