Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner here

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New owner here

Hello everyone, name is Flo. Just recently purchased a 2017 Sapphire blue Mirage ES 5 speed. I needed a car that not expensive and also saves gas, which is this one. Im in love with it especially the clutch is so soft, hahha Im not used to it due to my other manual car. Its simple and right now I am tracking how many miles I can get from full to empty and how many days it will last me.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by flo2877; 04-11-2017 at 02:09 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flo2877 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-11-2017),debburyl (04-13-2017),Gnarles2 (04-12-2017),inuvik (04-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flo2877 View Post
    Hello everyone, name is Flo. Just recently purchased a 2017 Sapphire blue Mirage ES 5 speed. I needed a car that not expensive and also saves gas, which is this one. Im in love with it especially the clutch is so soft, hahha Im not used to it due to my other manual car. Its simple and right now I am tracking how many miles I can get from full to empty and how many days it will last me.
    Welcome Flo. I hope you have as good luck and love your car as much as we do. I loved how easy the 5 speed was to drive, but, eventually settled on the CVT SE. If you have any questions...ask away.

Also, get a wheel alignment check to make sure, esp the rear wheels, are in spec. That's been a trouble spot for many people, and don't put it off. You don't need premature rear tire wear, and the axle is under warranty.
    (blank signature)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site! I got the same color

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! Did progressive give you really good insurance rates? Employee discount?

Anyway, yeah you will love the mileage. My second tank was 310mi and that was not even to empty. It only needed 7.2gal to fill it back up so it still had 2 gallons in it.
    That was suburban city driving.

The clutch is the first thing I noticed when driving mine too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-11-2017)

Welcome, Flo & congrats on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by flo2877 View Post
    Im in love with it especially the clutch is so soft, hahha Im not used to it due to my other manual car.
    Yeah, that remarkably light clutch makes it easy to drive even in the city. What's your other manual car?

Oh, and don't forget to make a garage page for your Mirage:
    Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! Sapphire Blue is the most economical color btw!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi

I just bought a 1.2L 5 speed hatch. I need to discover how to change the fuel consumption units from L/100 km to Km/Liter. The instructions in the manual don't work as described. As has been recommended, check the wheel aligment. The front two on mine are right at the limit and the rear two exceed the limits. If another machine verifies the misalignment, a new rear axle is coming under warranty.

On the plus side, a 140 km trip home yielded 4.9 L/100 Km.... I took it easy, under 3000 rpm, very light throttle use, no lugging and as much shifting between 2nd, 3d, and 4th as traffic would allow. I will be slowly increasing the load on the engine as the kilometerage increases.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the fuel consumption as the odometer numbers increase.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ESpecially frugal hatch 1.2 manual: 49.3 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    ...As has been recommended, check the wheel alignment.
    ...The front two on mine are right at the limit and the rear two exceed the limits.
    If you have an alignment printout, be sure to post it in this thread: Rear wheel mis-aligned

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Welcome Flo. I hope you have as good luck and love your car as much as we do. I loved how easy the 5 speed was to drive, but, eventually settled on the CVT SE. If you have any questions...ask away.

Also, get a wheel alignment check to make sure, esp the rear wheels, are in spec. That's been a trouble spot for many people, and don't put it off. You don't need premature rear tire wear, and the axle is under warranty.

thanks I will get that alignment done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Flo & congrats on the car!

Yeah, that remarkably light clutch makes it easy to drive even in the city. What's your other manual car?

Oh, and don't forget to make a garage page for your Mirage:
    Garage empty: add car
    I have a evo thats tastefully modded hahah. I will add a car in my garage thanks