Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BAE :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    BAE
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    White
    Automatic

Bluetooth

Comments: 20 / Views: 20190
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That is interesting. Let me know what you find, as that would be very handy, especially for taxi use. Do you have any setups in mind? Where do you plan on locating the cameras - inside, outside?
    I have been doing a lot of research on Youtube and on https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/
    I just purchased a Thinkware F50 from Bestbuy but everytime I hit a bump it makes a Beep sound meaning it is recording as if it was an accident...LOL I just purchased yesterday from MassDrop the Blackvue DR650S-2CH with out the IR...I will be looking for IR lights to install for inside.
    This guy has 7 installed in his SUV. https://youtu.be/yESBjO0CrA0

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I was looking at Blackvue products but they were too expensive for how I was going to use them. They look nice, though.

I'm would hope your F50 has a sensitivity setting for impact.

7 dual-channel cameras in an SUV? That's 14 cameras, right? $370 x 7 = $2590. That's a lot of cameras, memory cards, wiring... I'm not sure I'd want to ride with all that recording going on!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was looking at Blackvue products but they were too expensive for how I was going to use them. They look nice, though.

I'm would hope your F50 has a sensitivity setting for impact.

7 dual-channel cameras in an SUV? That's 14 cameras, right? $370 x 7 = $2590. That's a lot of cameras, memory cards, wiring... I'm not sure I'd want to ride with all that recording going on!
    LoL I think it is a 7 CH DVR system...but don't quote me. He drives a Range Rover...So that means he has bank and it is his Dash Cam company.

I am also looking for a Windshield Banner Strip because I notice this type of car don't have it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay I have to say that this Thinkware F50 is a sharp dash camera. I bought an iPhone SD card reader so I can pull the card from the dash cam and see what happened quick. Works great. My mechanic said I need a Fuel Pump Sending Unit and since it's 2 years old it should be covered under warranty by Mitsubishi.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Seat Belt Back Seat Middle

I need a Seat Belt for my middle back seat and I was quoted by Mitsubishi dealership for the part $290.
    I told the service guy couldn't I just get one off eBay He had told me that I need to make sure it has not been exploded. Can someone help me out with this?

Do the rear seatbelts even have pre-tensioners?

Mitsu specifications only mention it on the front belts: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/specifications

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (05-13-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Do the rear seatbelts even have pre-tensioners?

Mitsu specifications only mention it on the front belts: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/specifications
    You're right...they don't. There's no electrical connections on the rear belts.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    He had told me that I need to make sure it has not been exploded.
    Was that quote for parts, labor or both?

Have you thought about putting this in yourself? It doesn't look difficult or complicated - I think there are only two bolts. If you are not confident maybe you can find someone to help turn a wrench.

Center Belt Assembly Part # 7000D800XA for 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 1.2L L3 - Gas | Genuine OEM Mitsubishi Part

List Price: $142.91
    You Save: $40.01 (28% off)
    Sale Price: $102.90

If the repair shop is quoting parts & labor then the quote might be reasonable. Online the front seat belts with tensioners retail for almost $470.

Here are the other seatbelts for comparison. Click on the text or the diagram for a link to this online vendor's page for details and pricing.

Genuine Mitsubishi Parts | ELECTRICAL/REAR SEAT BELTS for 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage

Genuine Mitsubishi Parts | ELECTRICAL/FRONT SEAT BELTS for 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage

There are other online stores selling Mitsubishi parts other than mitsubishipartswarehouse.com. Look around, find one you like.
    Last edited by Eggman; 05-13-2017 at 10:29 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Was that quote for parts, labor or both?

Have you thought about putting this in yourself? It doesn't look difficult or complicated - I think there are only two bolts. If you are not confident maybe you can find someone to help turn a wrench.

Center Belt Assembly Part # 7000D800XA for 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 1.2L L3 - Gas | Genuine OEM Mitsubishi Part

If the repair shop is quoting parts & labor then the quote might be reasonable. Online the front seat belts with tensioners retail for almost $470.

Here are the other seatbelts for comparison. Click on the text or the diagram for a link to this online vendor's page for details and pricing.

Genuine Mitsubishi Parts | ELECTRICAL/REAR SEAT BELTS for 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage

Genuine Mitsubishi Parts | ELECTRICAL/FRONT SEAT BELTS for 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage

There are other online stores selling Mitsubishi parts other than mitsubishipartswarehouse.com. Look around, find one you like.
    YOU ARE THE MAN....LOL yes I do need that number 3 part and I don't mind doing it myself with some guidance because I do have my tools. I had been trying to figure out how I am going to drive people around for Ride sharing with out that middle one. But I had just started today and so far no ones needed the middle. Plus no one notice it is cut because I have a Pet cover over the back seat.

So far I am making money because it is raining tonight and no one notices the keyed doors that have B*T C H on them. I will sand it out later this week then use 3M putty then wet sand it then go and get my matched paint from Napa and spray it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to newagetomboy For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    YOU ARE THE MAN....LOL yes I do need that number 3 part and I don't mind doing it myself with some guidance because I do have my tools. I had been trying to figure out how I am going to drive people around for Ride sharing with out that middle one. But I had just started today and so far no ones needed the middle. Plus no one notice it is cut because I have a Pet cover over the back seat.
    The seat cover is nice. It reminds me of a movie I watched over the weekend (A Man Called Ove). He used newspaper as a seat protector in his car for guests. A humorous minor insult.

So far I am making money because it is raining tonight and no one notices the keyed doors that have B*T C H on them. I will sand it out later this week then use 3M putty then wet sand it then go and get my matched paint from Napa and spray it.
    A good body shop can make the repair look like nothing happened. In your travels, ask your fares if they know any good body shops that charge reasonable prices. With the people you'll meet, you'll come across all sorts connections.