Thread: Hello, new owner here 2015 police auction

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LoL no clue

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want to use it for Uber,Lyft, and SAFR. I need 6 camera's for it because I have drove my bosses car and was in 2 fender benders and wish I had a Dash Cam in it. It would of saved so much time. I have been researching on youtube for good dash cams and a black box.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    I want to use it for Uber,Lyft, and SAFR. I need 6 camera's for it because I have drove my bosses car and was in 2 fender benders and wish I had a Dash Cam in it. It would of saved so much time. I have been researching on youtube for good dash cams and a black box.
    I can recommend the Lukas LK-7900. I have had one in my car for the last four years, and it has worked flawlessly. It works in high heat and has the ability to take a large SD card. Not super cheap, but worth the money. Here is a video I shot with it a few years ago just to give you an idea of the kind of clarity it will offer. The camera was in my Geo Metro at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxY1Z4eB4UI

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    I have been researching on youtube for good dash cams and a black box.
    I bought the KDLinks R100 through Amazon.

Good video front & rear. Thankfully I have not yet needed it's footage!

I would be interested in a 4- or 6-channel but I felt for the money this was going to be close enough until prices come down.

Good luck searching and be sure to let us know what you come up with. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll help as best we can.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I can recommend the Lukas LK-7900. I have had one in my car for the last four years, and it has worked flawlessly. It works in high heat and has the ability to take a large SD card. Not super cheap, but worth the money. Here is a video I shot with it a few years ago just to give you an idea of the kind of clarity it will offer. The camera was in my Geo Metro at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxY1Z4eB4UI
    Thank you

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I bought the KDLinks R100 through Amazon.

Good video front & rear. Thankfully I have not yet needed it's footage!

I would be interested in a 4- or 6-channel but I felt for the money this was going to be close enough until prices come down.

Good luck searching and be sure to let us know what you come up with. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll help as best we can.
    Thank you...I had went on NewEGG.com and found a SH!T load of dash cams. I found this Koonlung K1S that has a one very convenient https://youtu.be/Lt7lhKSwWcI by TECHMOAN it is just a 2ch but I still like how I can have the DVR hidden and camera's are stealthy.

So far I did pick up a Thinkware F50 that turns on when car is turned on but needs to be hard wired later.

Belated welcome, newagetomboy!

Brave to pick up a police auction car! Hope you got a great deal on it for the trouble of doing a few repairs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)