Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS-R Drop springs!

If I recall, there unfortunately aren't any aftermarket options yet for shocks/struts for this car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was under the impression that the rear torsion beam suspension wouldn't have any camber adjustment on it, since its a solid piece. Is that incorrect?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The RSR drop looks great! I was considering getting those but i think i'll get some new wheels first. What size wheels are you running on the rainy picture and on the orange wheel picture?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I was under the impression that the rear torsion beam suspension wouldn't have any camber adjustment on it, since its a solid piece.
    That is correct. You can't adjust anything on the rear. And some have reported that lowering springs altered their rear alignment angles in a negative way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Norway
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The rear will toe in more the lower you go. Also the beam will be pulled forward going lower, that's completely normal for a beam car. Take a look at watercooled VWs on air.

If camber is changed by lowering the car I wouldn't know as so haven't seen alignment papers pre/post.

As a general rule, backyard wrenching with off the shelf bolt-on parts will not necessarily make a car faster around a track than it was stock. Having said that, the Mirage doesn't feel planted stock, which is something wider tires and a lowering would improve. And if anything, the rear is actually too firm so a softer setup out back would be a good idea in my eyes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eiriksmil For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-11-2017),Top_Fuel (09-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    That's some interesting insight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So how is the ride?

I generally won't run lowering springs on OE shocks/struts since the damping isn't up to snuff with the stiffer spring rates. I was thinking about just going coilovers. I know you put Yaris springs on the rear (are they OEM Yaris shocks or aftermarket?).