Thread: Removing Center Console

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Removing Center Console

Does anyone have some pictures or some links on how to do this? This is the center console where the handbrake is. I might of dropped a piece of gum in where the handbrake is, and I'm looking to remove it without breaking anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMetalMartyrxX View Post
    Does anyone have some pictures or some links on how to do this? This is the center console where the handbrake is. I might of dropped a piece of gum in where the handbrake is, and I'm looking to remove it without breaking anything.
    It might not be necessary to remove the handbrake cowl.

DIY: Adjusting the parking brake

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

XxMetalMartyrxX (04-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There is a bolt at the very back behind the cup holder in the rear seat area near floor. You have to pry open the plastic door and remove that bolt. There is also a bolt under that plastic cover right under the emergency brake handle. Pop that plastic off and there is a bolt under there along with a little electrical connection you have to undo. That should allow you enough access to get to anything.

To remove completely you need to also undo two pop rivits in the very front of the console and another electrical connection if you have fast key.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

XxMetalMartyrxX (04-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    There is a bolt at the very back behind the cup holder in the rear seat area near floor. You have to pry open the plastic door and remove that bolt. There is also a bolt under that plastic cover right under the emergency brake handle. Pop that plastic off and there is a bolt under there along with a little electrical connection you have to undo. That should allow you enough access to get to anything.

To remove completely you need to also undo two pop rivits in the very front of the console and another electrical connection if you have fast key.
    If you have the FAST key be really careful on the console removal. There isn't much slack to unplug the FAST key wiring from the console. The wire is very thin and would be easy to break.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ....or just pretend not to know gum fell down there. I do it every time I drop a French Fry... Won't hurt anything.

Last edited by Alex1a1f; 04-14-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    (blank signature)