Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steering alignment

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkstuf View Post
    All fixed under warranty
    Awesome! Glad it worked out. It looks like your front AND rear alignment was out of specification.

Name:  AAA.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  29.6 KB

It is rare that someone has their alignment checked and finds all 4 wheels within factory specs.

You can see from your work order that the dealership had to call the Mitsubishi Tech Line to report the problem and get approval to replace your axle (note the TECHLINE CASE # on your work order)...

Name:  techline2.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  13.3 KB

This is a $1000+ warranty job and the service department needed prior approval before doing anything this big. Once again this is a perfect example of why every Mirage owner needs to have a 4-wheel alignment check done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Why isn't this resolved from the factory yet? I am seriously considering a g4 manual transmission, but I am leary of the Q/C. I read Mitsubishi sent some Japanese workers to the Thailand plant to assist in quality, but that was last year. I am looking into the g4 for lots of reasons. Price, Mitsubishi, warranty, cost to replace tires, and other maintenance. However I need trouble free transportation for quite some time. I hope this car can pull through.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghee View Post
    I hope this car can pull through.
    If it's any assurance I think Mitsubishi has been good at honoring their warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    If it's any assurance I think Mitsubishi has been good at honoring their warranty.
    Yah, that does mean a lot...
    Joe

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow they replace the axle without you telling them what to do.. That is great...

Why isn't this resolved from the factory yet? I am seriously considering a g4 manual transmission, but I am leary of the Q/C.
    Aside from the rear axle issue, the Mirage seems to have been remarkably trouble-free for most owners/members here, considering the price. Don't expect Lexus-levels of refinement or materials quality, but aside from that you don't have much to worry about.

Mention to your dealer that you want the alignment checked as a pre-condition of sale -- with a copy of the printout in your hands. Considering it's an approved warranty replacement if it's out of spec, your dealer shouldn't balk at this request.

As to why the rear axle alignment problem is still showing up on 2017 models, that IS a good question.

Maybe Mitsu haven't had enough warranty claims to raise a red flag in the first place.

Or maybe they decided that so few owners make warranty claims on this problem vs. the cost to correct it, they haven't (yet) decided to invest in research & fixing the process that is causing the problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had actually noticed my steering wheel was kind of cocking to the left a bit after I had purchased my Mirage in 2014. I never developed any weird tire wear or anything so I didn't think much of it. Recently I had swapped out my suspension springs in the front and back with lowering springs and instantly noticed that my steering wheel now lays straight. Weird..
    Empty to full in $12 flat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Aside from the rear axle issue, the Mirage seems to have been remarkably trouble-free for most owners/members here, considering the price. Don't expect Lexus-levels of refinement or materials quality, but aside from that you don't have much to worry about.

Mention to your dealer that you want the alignment checked as a pre-condition of sale -- with a copy of the printout in your hands. Considering it's an approved warranty replacement if it's out of spec, your dealer shouldn't balk at this request.

As to why the rear axle alignment problem is still showing up on 2017 models, that IS a good question.

Maybe Mitsu haven't had enough warranty claims to raise a red flag in the first place.

Or maybe they decided that so few owners make warranty claims on this problem vs. the cost to correct it, they haven't (yet) decided to invest in research & fixing the process that is causing the problem.
    Sounds good. I'm excited to get into a G4. I'm such a minimalist. If you look at cost of fuel, oil, brakes, and pretty much everything else. This car wins. Don't forget the warranty! Mitsubishi is pretty reliable as well. The one thing about the G4 (in the states) is the ES only comes one way. Ill get the manual transmission but there's no option for the upgraded infotainment system. So cd/radio it is same for the rims. Steel wheels only.

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Actually I think you can get the upgraded apple carplay android auto unit with the smart phone display package which gives you the nicer steering wheel, cruise, steering wheel audio controls, touch unit and auto rear view mirror and I believe its an $800.00 package. May include something else but not sure with out going to mitsu site

Sounds good. I'm excited to get into a G4. I'm such a minimalist. If you look at cost of fuel, oil, brakes, and pretty much everything else. This car wins. Don't forget the warranty! Mitsubishi is pretty reliable as well. The one thing about the G4 (in the states) is the ES only comes one way. Ill get the manual transmission but there's no option for the upgraded infotainment system. So cd/radio it is same for the rims. Steel wheels only.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage ES Navi View Post
    Actually I think you can get the upgraded apple carplay android auto unit with the smart phone display package which gives you the nicer steering wheel, cruise, steering wheel audio controls, touch unit and auto rear view mirror and I believe its an $800.00 package. May include something else but not sure with out going to mitsu site
    The "Display Package" can be had on the G4...but only with the CVT.