Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

I was in a car the other day and accidentally hit the window lock button while cleaning it. I could only roll up the drivers window and not the back 2 or even the front passenger when using the drivers switches. I've never seen that before, could get annoying if you have kids and want to use your windows.
    I find it annoying that when you unlock the car with the keyfob that it locks itself if you don't open the door soon enough. I get why they made it like that but it would be nice to be able to turn that feature off.
    I also don't like how the factory uses a tiny oil filter and over tightens them making it pretty much impossible to get off with bare hands.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I find it annoying that when you unlock the car with the keyfob that it locks itself if you don't open the door soon enough. I get why they made it like that but it would be nice to be able to turn that feature off.
    I think this can be changed. I don't have access to the Owner's Manual but I believe it can be found there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I think this can be changed. I don't have access to the Owner's Manual but I believe it can be found there.
    Page 5-13 of my manual describes changing this but says to see a dealer. Sorry.

Have you thought about getting a cable for programming?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Page 5-13 of my manual describes changing this but says to see a dealer. Sorry.

Have you thought about getting a cable for programming?
    I haven't considered it. If I owned one I might. I know the one driver with the high mileage car would sure appreciate having cruise in his car!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The weird carpet. Dirt sticks to it easily, and I'm not really sure how to clean it (other than vacuuming).

1) Handling/steering of the pre-2017 cars.

I think Mitsu could have avoided a lot of criticism of the car if they had done it right in the first place. Not that the 2017 is a sports car, but the 2017 G4 sedan I drove was noticeably less wallowy in the corners, and the EPS hack they used to "fix" the sticky steering doesn't solve the root problem, but the end result is acceptable from a driver's perspective.

2) Base MSRP in Canada & the U.S.

I think they should have gone with a lower price instead of always piling on the rebates. The G4 sedan should have challenged the Versa sedan for "cheapest car in America". As we've seen in both the U.S. & Canada, Nissan has gone for the "cheapest" title, and they dominate the segment.

P.S. related thread...

Thread: Enhancement Requests: how would you improve the Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    [B]

2) Base MSRP in Canada & the U.S.

I think they should have gone with a lower price instead of always piling on the rebates. The G4 sedan should have challenged the Versa sedan for "cheapest car in America". As we've seen in both the U.S. & Canada, Nissan has gone for the "cheapest" title, and they dominate the segment.
    I used to think this way until it was pointed out to me what purpose the rebates serve. They act as a built-in down payment so no cash is coming out of the customer's pocket when they sign the paperwork. It makes financing a car like this at the low end of the market MUCH easier.

As far as the bank is concerned you are not buying a $12,395 car with no down payment, you are buying a $13,895 car with a $1500 down payment (the rebate). Making it seem as though you have some skin in the game is something they like to see.

It's actually pretty smart.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-03-2017),MetroMPG (12-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yearly Incomplete Emissions Readiness!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post
    Yearly Incomplete Emissions Readiness!
    What Does this mean?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What Does this mean?
    I wondered the same thing.

See this thread: P0400, SMOG Test : Incomplete Readiness