Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe not my greatest annoyance, but an annoyance all the same is having to press and old the radio button for several seconds in order to turn off the radio.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    Maybe not my greatest annoyance, but an annoyance all the same is having to press and old the radio button for several seconds in order to turn off the radio.
    Yeah, the hold-press-off got me. For a little while I was thinking that I couldn't turn off the radio.

Also, I have the push-button start. How can I roll up or down the windows without starting the car??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco77 View Post
    Yeah, the hold-press-off got me. For a little while I was thinking that I couldn't turn off the radio.

Also, I have the push-button start. How can I roll up or down the windows without starting the car??
    Just don't put your foot on the brake and push the start button 3 times to complete a cycle. It will reset the timer to operate the windows until you open the door or it times out (which is 1 minute I think).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Just don't put your foot on the brake and push the start button 3 times to complete a cycle. It will reset the timer to operate the windows until you open the door or it times out (which is 1 minute I think).
    Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't stand the cheap cheap paint, my hood is littered in stone chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I used to think this way until it was pointed out to me what purpose the rebates serve. They act as a built-in down payment so no cash is coming out of the customer's pocket when they sign the paperwork. It makes financing a car like this at the low end of the market MUCH easier.

As far as the bank is concerned you are not buying a $12,395 car with no down payment, you are buying a $13,895 car with a $1500 down payment (the rebate). Making it seem as though you have some skin in the game is something they like to see.

It's actually pretty smart.
    Neat. I wonder why the Mitsu rep I asked about this didn't explain it. Seems a very valid tactic.

That said, only a tiny fraction of buyers go for the base model in Canada because you can't get it with A/C. Most of them get directed to the next higher trim, where they could play the rebate/down payment game to entice them. That way they could still offer the "loss leader" $9995 MSRP.

That said, since I posted in this thread, Mitsu Canada has dropped the price of the base car to around $11k from 12.5k.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This was my first economy car purchase so I don't know how to compare it to my antique jeeps except that in the jeeps I get miles per fun and in the mirage actually get miles per gallon.
    An avg girl who has a long commute with her wine red 5 speed jellybean.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seabass1858 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-25-2017),inuvik (12-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Neat. I wonder why the Mitsu rep I asked about this didn't explain it. Seems a very valid tactic.

That said, only a tiny fraction of buyers go for the base model in Canada because you can't get it with A/C. Most of them get directed to the next higher trim, where they could play the rebate/down payment game to entice them. That way they could still offer the "loss leader" $9995 MSRP.

That said, since I posted in this thread, Mitsu Canada has dropped the price of the base car to around $11k from 12.5k.
    That CAD$9,995 works out to about USD$7,800. If Mitsubishi offered a stripper model at that price here I don't think they'd be able to build them fast enough...AC or no AC. Hell, if they offered the base car for USD$9,995 they'd sell a ton. Just look at how many they sold during the big rebate "Mirage-a-Palooza" in March, 2016.

As little as I use AC here I'd happily live without it on a $7,800 new car!
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 12-25-2017 at 06:22 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (12-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That CAD$9,995 works out to about USD$7,800. If Mitsubishi offered a stripper model at that price here I don't think they'd be able to build them fast enough...AC or no AC!
    Mitsubishi are you listening?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    That CAD$9,995 works out to about USD$7,800. If Mitsubishi offered a stripper model at that price here I don't think they'd be able to build them fast enough...AC or no AC. Hell, if they offered the base car for USD$9,995 they'd sell a ton. Just look at how many they sold during the big rebate "Mirage-a-Palooza" in March, 2016.

As little as I use AC here I'd happily live without it on a $7,800 new car!
    i actually don’t need it on the Oregon Coast. 80F / 26C would be a really hot day here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)