Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The mirror does have a double pivot joint. You can move the mirror up and out of your line of sight.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Space Wolf (12-28-2017)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Well, thanks for that. I can't believe I didn't try that before. Now my biggest annoyance has gone. There should be another biggest now, but I can't decide.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-28-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My biggest annoyance is when you start the car. If you let go of the key too soon when starting, then try a second time it'll flood out 90% of the time.
    What temp outside temp was it when you tried starting up? I had a car where the computer would remember the last outside temp when starting and adjust the initial fuel flow to be appropriate. So if my car was last started at say, 70F in a shop then stuck outside for a week and then tried to start at -30 it never would.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    right now it is lack of heat out of the dash - high temps outside in the single digits Fs this week - it sure would be nice to be warm in the car
    I know my '17 isn't as hot as my '14 was, both in time to comfort and in ultimate temps. My '14 would have cabin heat much faster than my '17. I wonder if Mits cut back on the resistance heating elements they place by the heater core.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    The mirror does have a double pivot joint. You can move the mirror up and out of your line of sight.
    I use one of those LCD screens that rubber band over the rear view mirror. With the pivots all the way up i still feel it blocks my line of sight, but my seats also not adjustable(poverty edition). I wish the stupid passenger airbag light was on the dash and the mirror would go higher.

I though about relocating my "mirror" lcd by just gluing a mirror mount to the dash. But dunno. For now i just hunch forward a bit while i drive in the city.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I use one of those LCD screens that rubber band over the rear view mirror. With the pivots all the way up i still feel it blocks my line of sight, but my seats also not adjustable(poverty edition). I wish the stupid passenger airbag light was on the dash and the mirror would go higher.
    If it makes you feel any better the poverty seat height is the same as the lowest setting on the fancy height adjustable seat in it's lowest setting(even though others will argue it's the other way around). I drive both types around almost daily.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-25-2022),mohammad (03-07-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    If it makes you feel any better the poverty seat height is the same as the lowest setting on the fancy height adjustable seat in it's lowest setting(even though others will argue it's the other way around). I drive both types around almost daily.
    In 2017, you had the manual choice between the ES (cheap seats) & SE (6-way adjustable driver's seat). Richard of White Bear suggested I sit in both @ my local Mitsubishi dealership. At about 6' 1", I concluded that I would never use the extra adjustment on the 6-way seat (which became standard for all Mirages in 2019).

Making cruise control standard in 2019 for all Mirages was a much bigger deal than the 6-way adjustable driver's seat becoming standard that year for all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe on newer ones? The difference between my old '14 ES with height adjustable seats and current '15 DE with poverty seats is HUGE. I have to completely duck down to get in the '15 and my eyes are at the top of the windshield and I am barely 6'1" on a good day.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

I'm 6'6 in high heals but lose 4" flat footed. I haven't gotten bored enough to try and fab up new seat brackets. The lh bracket it taller than the inboard one. There isn't a lot to be gained without cutting up the floor.
    Quick, hold my beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Maybe on newer ones? The difference between my old '14 ES with height adjustable seats and current '15 DE with poverty seats is HUGE. I have to completely duck down to get in the '15 and my eyes are at the top of the windshield and I am barely 6'1" on a good day.
    Weird, if anything I found the opposite. Maybe it's because a lot of our work cars are probably getting fat guyed out. I'd like my fancy seat to go lower. The sunvisors are borderline in my way.